Community Engagement Director KP School of Medicine Pasadena CA Pasadena, CA
The Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine, set to open in Pasadena, California in 2019, offers more than a conventional medical education. It offers the
unique opportunity to have access to the people, data, and technology of one of the nation-s highestperforming
health care systems. Students will not only
get a topnotch
academic education, but also be immersed in the handson
experience, advanced team training, and critically relevant knowledge that
comes directly from the coordinated care delivery system that cares for 10 million members. In addition, curriculum will be rooted in wellness, prevention,
resilience, and empowerment for their patients and their own total health. This unparalleled approach, plus a deep commitment to the power and principles
of inclusionary practice, will create physicians who are better prepared to face the medical challenges of the future and help our nation-s diverse
communities thrive, wherever our graduates choose to practice.
This position will be working as a part of an extremely dynamic team of professionals supporting all aspects of the School of Medicine and the creation of the community engagement strategy for the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine. The Community Engagement strategy will outline how the school
partners with our community in clinical education, wellness, community and public health, diversity and inclusion, teaching culturally competent care,
prevention, as well as public policy. This position will also support the school-s relationships with elected officials, community, and neighborhood
associations. Our teams work from an interdependent model of practice and we are looking for someone who thrives in a highly challenging role within a
high functioning team based environment. By joining the team that is designing and implementing the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine, you will have
the opportunity of a lifetime to create a medical school that will educate physicians for the 21 st century and beyond and be a catalyst for change in medical
education. A background in medical education is preferred, complimented by strong familiarity with government and community relations and the richness
of our SCAL communities. This position will have no direct reports and will work closely with the Kaiser Permanente Government and Community
Relations infrastructure in meeting the needs of the school-s faculty, administration and leadership. Experience working within high profile projects, clearly defined timelines, and comfort with a hands on approach are all factors that will help in defining the stronger candidates for the position.
Manage, construct and implement a Community Engagement program, which supports the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine image and social mission
in the community. Develop and foster a strong governmental, political and community network. Enhances the reputation of the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine and encourages an environment of public support through a strategic community engagement program that demonstrates the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine-s commitment to our social mission and enhances our relationships with key government, business and community opinion leaders. At this level, the employee develops, leads and executes programs of complex and diverse scope requiring in depth
analysis of various factors. Programs implemented are broad in scope with multiple stakeholders and requirements. Programs involve multiple functional areas and include coordination and support across the area, Regions and Program Offices. Employee works with minimal supervision and exercises judgment within broadly defined policies in developing and implementing strategies for results.
- Works in conjunction with the regional government relations and community relations departments of Kaiser Permanente to help assure a coordinated
area, regional, statewide and national government and community relations program. Identifies and clarifies public issues that affect the organization.
Provide community engagement expertise to the school-s leadership. Maintain high level of knowledge on local governmental process, ballot and election
issues, competitive threats, and governmental political climate.
- Obtains consensus from management and implementation approach or position. Collaboratively determines goals and priorities used in evaluating
performance. Manages work of outside consultants as needed.
- Oversees the collecting and evaluation of quantitative and qualitative data. Synthesizes analyses and identifies key findings. Formulates implementation
plans and evaluates effectiveness of actions/programs implemented. Develops and manages a community engagement philosophy that supports the Kaiser
Permanente School of Medicine vision of good corporate citizenship...
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in community/public benefit programs, community relations, community-based health status improvement projects, community needs assessments, evaluation methods, including four (4) years of management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, public or business administration, health services administration, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience working with community-based health and social service agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus on strategies amound peers and across different reporting structures.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize written and verbal communication, presentation, negotiation, public speaking, influence and collaboration skills with both executive teams and multidisciplinary groups.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct program design, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Management experience in health care preferred.
- Experience in working with elected officials and community leaders preferred.
- Master's degree in one of the aforementioned fields preferred.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,S. Los Robles Administration 100 S. Los Robles
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Job: External Affairs / Relations
Public Department Name: KP School of Medicine
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements