Lead UX Designer Pasadena, CA
The Digital Product Management Team drives our digital products through successive and iterative stages of discovery, definition, development, launch, and post-release support. At various levels of seniority, the Digital Product Management role serves as the 'voice of the customer,' representing and reinforcing the customer's perspective throughout the product realization cycle. Positions within the Digital Product Management team assume responsibility for one or more digital product areas and are involved in the establishment and management of new and existing digital products and their capabilities. Digital product lines include generally all elements of the web and mobile space that are exposed to various types of consumers on the 'front end' (i.e. not including backend systems). These digital products are pivotal to the successful operation of kp.org and associated digital properties, including mobile, to ensure that our users interact with Kaiser Permanente in ways that they need to. The Digital Product Management job family has 6 defined Levels. This family encompasses positions regularly referred to with the industry standard terms of Business Analyst, Agile Product Owner and Digital Product Manager. Each of these positions builds on similar characteristics and skill sets, and each position has more senior versions depending on scope of responsibilities, including, for each role at higher levels, management responsibility. Different roles in the job family will have various impacts on the digital product lifecycle, from, at the most senior levels, broad oversight of digital products throughout the lifecycle, from initial ideation through growth and maturation, and including the advocacy for additional product capabilities or enhancements to existing capabilities, to the more junior levels focused on bringing digital products to life through requirements gathering and iterative development efforts throughout the lifecycle. All job family members must keep current with industry trends and best practices; emerging technologies; and security and privacy laws/regulations in order to ensure the ongoing soundness of their digital products. Communication skills among the Digital Product Management team members is critical, as team members frequently serving as a point of translation between business owners who are less technical and IT principals who are highly technical. Team members work closely with business customers both within the Digital Services Group (DSG) and with departments outside of DSG, including other shared services, KPIT, MSSA, Regions, Lines of Business, Compliance/Regulatory, Operations, etc. to ensure the development and maintenance of high value, high quality digital products. Above all else, the Digital Product Management function will ensure that the digital products brought to market meet customer (e.g., prospect, member, patient, broker, consultant, internal customers, etc.) needs and expectations.
- Accountabilities and responsibilities may include:
- Planning and execution on digital product evolution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product, consumer and business requirements, defining the product vision, the product roadmap to satisfy that vision, and working closely with the engineering, support, and business teams to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Define capability requirements and partner with IT and business to elicit robust feedback around needs and support to drive the work forward.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- CSPO, CISSP, CSSLP, GIAC Level 5, or product-line equivalent certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered functional expert in field within KP.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods.
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Deep knowledge of online design principles, work trends, competition, technical limitations in order to design products and relationships between suites of related products appropriately.
- A detailed knowledge of digital development process (a requisite in order to be able to parse down the work properly, frame/phase the work so that it can be implemented and rolled out effectively, to meet expectations, deadlines and budgets).
- Thorough understanding of internal customer needs, including enterprise needs, in relation to product line.
- Completes and updates competitive assessment of product lines on an annual basis.
- May participate in industry and standards-development groups.
- Digital and/or health care work experience preferred.
- Graduate degree preferred.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,West Annex - Parsons 74 N. Pasadena Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: m-f
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Sales and Marketing
Public Department Name: Digital Experience Center
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements