Sr Manager Analytics & Evaluation Pasadena, CA
This position demonstrates in-depth analytic and data knowledge and skills, manages projects, and is accountable for the successful execution of project goals that are aligned with the goals of Decision Support/Transformation & Analytics and supporting the National Quality and Clinical Excellence program. Functions as a statistical data analysis expert.
- Manages and overall coordination for Analytics and Evaluation group.
- Monitors project areas, teams and initiatives.
- Working with Directors determines prioritizes of projects within the analytical and evaluation program area and makes decisions regarding resource allocation across projects within the program area.
- Monitors program area expenditures relative to budget.
- Advises the Decision Support Director on decisions regarding the assignment of Decision Support staff to program areas.
- Execute on Analytics & Evaluation strategies and Manage and facilitate regular communications with key stake holders that include national and regional leaders.
- Identifies additional project opportunities within the program area and coordinates stakeholder involvement.
- Manage, coach, and provide guidance to direct reports working within the program area and sometimes across the Decision Support department.
- Facilitate professional development opportunities for Decision Support staff working in the program area.
- Establishes work plans for Analytics and Evaluation area, delegating assignments to subordinate managers/individual contributors.
- Determines analytical framework for project design to include evaluation mechanisms for project outcomes.
- Develops and maintains excellent client relationships with a customer service and content expertise emphasis.
- Provides regular project updates for project sponsors, including barriers and solutions to progress on projects.
- Facilities resolution of issues and barriers.
- Works with and obtains physician and other clinical/stakeholder agreements on project design, implementation and evaluation methodologies.
- Conducts and/or manages project implementation and outcome evaluations and analysis.
- Provides current and detailed technical and content support to Medical Group and/or Health Plan performance improvement efforts. Identifies and resolves strategic and operational issues related to the initiatives identified.
- Interfaces regularly with operations managers and senior management to produce timely and valuable results.
- Works individually or as a member of project teams to set the strategic direction and provide content expertise for one or more of the following management or consulting areas: medical group operations, physician practice management, and managed healthcare information systems.
- Manages and delegates preparation of highly complex reports, spreadsheet models, synthesizing analytical results and identifying the business implication highlights for the client.
- Manages and delegates analyzes in an array of quantitative and qualitative issues across disciplines, projects and functional areas.
- Produces quality professionally written materials for senior executives and other key clients.
- Plans and facilitates meetings.
- Makes formal presentations to various audiences that can include senior leaders.
- Determines goals and priorities for project with manager, develops time commitments and resources.
- Assists in the development of proposals outlining proposed engagement structure, approach, and work plan.
- May conduct face-to-face client meetings or presentations at client sites.
- Minimum two (2) years of management experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree required in a directly related field.
- High school dipolma or GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Progressive experience in one (1) or more of the following areas: medical group or healthcare operations, physician practice management, managed health care information systems, managed care contracting.
- Demonstrated experience in development of work product to support areas of expertise.
- Must be able to customize work based on client environments, delivery system model, payment mechanisms, and other operating characteristics.
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with physicians, HP and Hospital leaders and project teams of multi-disciplinary construct.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Accomplished verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's/PhD degree in business, health care management, medicine, or other related field preferred.
- Advanced degree strongly preferred.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,Regional Offices-Walnut 393 E. Walnut St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: QA / UR / Case Management
Public Department Name: Decision Support
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements