Emergency Management Consultant Pasadena CA Pasadena, CA
Assists Emergency Management Department Manager in maintaining a smooth transition from a situational alert status to emergency response mode, up to and including a full activation of the National Emergency Operations Center. Facilitates various working groups established in clinical, facilities, external affairs, community affairs, forward planning, supply chain and health policy. Attends working group meetings and manages agenda. Ensures groups are meeting agreed upon goals and each of the working group products are communicated to each of the other groups. Ensures established goals of the working groups are consistent with the goals of each of the other independent working groups and overall department objectives. Supports and consults to medical centers and regions to maintain their command centers, disaster plans, and staff training programs.
- Schedule, participate in, and manage structure and work products of each of the working groups.
- Establish and maintain liaison role with the working group leaders and co-leaders to ensure groups are meeting objectives and each of the group objectives are consistent with overall objectives.
- Design and present education and training programs and resource materials for each group.
- Assist Emergency Management Department Manager and Healthcare Continuity Director to prepare written materials and presentations for Healthcare Continuity Management Executive Oversight Group and other executive groups.
- Travel may be required up to 25%. Some flexibility is available, but customer needs must be met. Majority of travel will have advance notice and be planned quarter by quarter.
- Support and consult to medical centers and regions as needed to support emergency management programs, plans, command centers, training drills, and staff training.
- Minimum seven (7) years of professional work experience with three (3) years project management experience in a complex environment.
- Master's degree OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proven track record in facilitating diverse working groups, to include physician populated groups.
- Proficiency with common office environment software packages such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), shared server files, Internet research and relational databases.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum seven (7) years of professional work experience with three (3) years project management experience in a complex environment dealing with health care delivery, technology, and business projects preferred.
- Experience in emergency management is preferred.
- Experience in health care administration and operations in a managed care setting are highly preferred.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,Regional Offices-Walnut 393 E. Walnut St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Procurement and Supply
Public Department Name: Healthcare Continuity & Support Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements