Dietary Aide Temporary Riverside, CA
Prepare, assemble, rethermalize and serve food to patients, cafeteria patrons & catered events. Perform dishwashing and other sanitation duties.
- Uphold KP's policies & procedures, principles of responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- Assemble/ prepare patient, cafeteria, & catering food to include entree, salad, dessert, beverage, nourishments.
- Prepare tray line, assemble food trays in accordance w/ worksheets & place assembled food trays on food carts.
- Rethermalize pre-cooked foods for patients, cafeteria patrons, & catered event participants.
- Set up & replenish food & non-food items in cafeteria & conferences, & replenish hot & cold food items on cafeteria & catering lines.
- Label & refrigerate leftovers.
- Deliver patient tray carts & nourishments to food distribution centers on each floor.
- Serve trays to patients.
- Serve food to cafeteria & conference patrons.
- Return trays & carts to dishwashing area.
- Sanitize carts after each use; operate dishwasher to wash all dishes, trays, & utensils; wash pots & pans, store cleaned items according to established procedure.
- Clean various areas & equipment which include serving & dining areas, steam table, refrigerators, microwave ovens, & other equipment used in performing their tasks.
- Receive & store delivered food, paper, & supplies; & verify orders received.
- Establish & maintain courteous, cooperative relations when interacting w/ other personnel, health plan members & the public.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Promote, ensure, & improve customer service to internal/ external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent w/ the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations & quality service.
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Six (6) months of food service experience required.
- One (1) year of experience or equivalent in a food establishment, preferred.
- Food handler card required.
- Knowledge of hospital food service operations, preferred.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must push and pull carts weighing 100 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships and courteous interactions with the public.
- This is a temporary position for approximately six (6) months.
- Schedule to include all shifts, rotating weekends, holidays and floating within the established seniority section.
Primary Location: California,Riverside,Riverside Medical Center 10800 Magnolia Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 20
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Group: USWA - Local 7600
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Nutrition / Food Services
Public Department Name: Food Service
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements