RNP I \ PA I Riverside, CA
Nurse practitioners (NP) provide health care services to patients who may have acute episodic conditions or chronic problems, as well as those seeking health evaluation, preventive care and/or education and counseling. NPs provide care in areas within KP in primary care or specialty departments consistent with their educational preparation following the Regional Standardized Procedures and Process Protocols for Ambulatory and Hospital-Based Practice. They perform complete physical examinations, including ordering, interpreting and evaluating diagnostic tests and examinations. Assume on-going responsibility for each patient from discovery of the disorder to recovery. Diagnose and treat both chronic and episodic disorders including complications of otherwise normal processes. Establish and document the health care plan and diagnosis, maintain records of each case that are sufficiently complete for any physician reviewing them to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan. Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members and to customers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Collect subjective data (obtain history).- Collect objective data (perform a physical exam).- Develop an assessment (diagnosis).- Develop and implement a management plan.- Facilitate the referral of patients to the appropriate health facilities, agencies and resources within the community.- Order pharmacologic interventions.- Develop and implement an educational plan.- Plan for appropriate follow-up care.- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience unless specified by department.
- Graduate of an accredited RN and NP Program.
- Master's degree in nursing(effective 1/1/03 for those not previously grandfathered in by CMS).
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN License.
- Current California Nurse Practitioner Certificate.
- Maintain current national certification from approved organizations (American Nurses Credentialing Center, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties, or the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board) appropriate to education and department (effective 1/1/01 for those not previously grandfathered in by CMS).
- Current California Furnishing Number.
- Current BCLS card.
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- Current DEA Registration Number required.
- If department elects to hire a new grad NP, the California Furnishing Number and if applicable, the DEA Registration Number, must be obtained within twelve (12) months of hire. The probationary period would also be extended from six (6) to twelve (12) months.
- If twelve (12) hour option chosen, shift will be 1:30 pm-12:00 am, back up 8 hour shift will be 3:30 pm-12:00 am.
- Schedule includes working rotating weekends and holidays.
Primary Location: California,Riverside,Riverside Medical Center 10800 Magnolia Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 20
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UNAC - All Other Areas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Public Department Name: Riverside Urgent Care
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements