Manager Health Information Management Woodland Hills, CA
Provides leadership and overall management of all health information management (HIM) functions in the CSA. Responsible for developing and maintaining effective policies, procedures, systems and working relationships with other CSA departments, regional departments, medical staff and external regulatory and reporting entities.
- Provides strategic planning and direction for development and enhancement of health information related services throughout CSA.
- Ensures that goals and services provided by HIM are aligned with organization priorities.
- Ensures compliance with health information requirements established by TJC, NCQA, federal and state regulations, CMRI, medical staff bylaws and regional and local policies and procedures.
- Represents the CSA in region-wide efforts to meet regulatory requirements and improve the quality of health information records and services.
- Manages functions performed by the HIM department including: record delivery and retrieval, assembly, abstracting and analysis, coding, data collection, management and reporting, vital statistics and transcription services.
- Ensures high quality and consistency of services across the CSA through establishment and implementation of quality assurance activities.
- Establishes effective working relationships with CSA leadership, TPMG, Department of Quality, Utilization Management, Nursing and other users of clinical information and data.
- Ensures availability, quality of data and consistency in interpretation of information.
- Provides effective financial management and efficient use of resources.
- Directs the development of budgets, monitors operating expenses, analyzes variances and develops corrective actions plans.
- Evaluates opportunities for enhancing cost effective delivery of services.
- Ensures effective use of health information data by providing statistical analysis and reports, and by consulting with other departments who utilize data for management, quality, utilization, research, and other vital functions.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety and risk management issues.
- Represents hospital in legal proceedings as keeper of records.
- Minimum five (5) years prior experience in health information field.
- Minimum four (4) years prior supervisory experience in medical records management required.
- Bachelor's degree in business, records management OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must possess one of the following credentials issued by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA): Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), OR a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
- Knowledge of TJC, NCQA, CMRI and federal, state and local requirements.
- Strong experience with computerization and technology advances in health information.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Prior experience as a manager of an HIM department.
- Master's degree.
Primary Location: California,Woodland Hills,Woodland Hills Medical Center 5601 De Soto Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Medical Records
Public Department Name: Health Information Management
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements