Materials Management Supervisor Moreno Valley, CA
Under direction, oversees the day-to-day local materials management activities. Ensures compliance with established regional and national goals and standards.
- Supervises all materiel products and services activities at a specific location.
- Assists in developing and in implementing policies/procedures which support the regional and national purchasing goals and standardization of products.
- Supervises staff in all areas of materials management.
- Ensures they meet the established service goals, follow policies and procedures, and the daily supply requirements are met in order to achieve maximum utilization of all resources.
- Assists the medical center and ambulatory staff in managing their product costs.
- Researches and explains variances in the materials management department budget.
- Assists in preparing quarterly financial reports, highlighting cost savings.
- Coordinates local distribution of goods/services and maintains storage of surplus items.
- Ensures all equipment repairs and vendor returns are processed in a timely manner.
- Assists managers and supervisors in the interpretation of materials management reports.
- Assists in developing recommendations for clients on how reduce their supply costs and achieve local, regional and national product standardization compliance.
- Assists in resolving all materiel management distribution issues.
- Monitors back orders and aggressively follows up on delivery delays or problems.
- Researches and investigates new products as requested.
- Minimum four (4) of years materials management experience in a hospital setting.
- Minimum two (2) of years inventory control experience required.
- Minimum two (2) of years supervisory experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of materiel management.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of hospital experience preferred.
- AA degree preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in operation of Inventory Control Systems and Software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain Principles and Concepts (e.g. Purchasing, Receiving, Distribution, Stockless and JIT systems).
- Knowledge of Linen Management and Patient Transportation.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local Regulations and TJC requirements.
Primary Location: California,Moreno Valley,Moreno Valley Community Hospital 27300 Iris Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Materials Management
Public Department Name: Material Mgmt-Admin
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements