Supply Chain Tech Woodland Hills, CA
This position works under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager/Director and/or designee. Inventories, restocks, and distributes disposable medical supplies within Perioperative services, which includes replenishment in the Operating Room and Ambulatory Surgery Unit suites. Works the majority of the time preparing surgical carts for use in the medical center and/or medical office building. Will also maintain accuracy of supplies on facility procedure cards. Stocks surgical carts for use during procedures. Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Reviews operating room schedule in advance to ensure proper supply levels.
- Stocks surgical carts for use during procedures
- Inventory assigned supply areas for replenishment
- Rotate stock using FIFO (first-in-first-out) method of inventory management
- Fills requisitions from stock in storage areas
- Maintains stocking levels in the OR and ASU suites
- Inform staff on product conversions and substitutions.
- Work with Perioperative Cost Specialist, Procurement team, and service leads (nursing) to ensure proper stocking levels are maintained and supplies are ordered routinely.
- Escalate and solve supply issues with Supply Chain Manager, and involve clinicians when necessary.
- Maintain procedure cards (removing obsolete items, and updating cards during product conversions)
- Print supply forecast to prepare for future procedures
- Dons protective equipment when necessary
- Infection Control - Standard Precautions: Adherence to hand washing requirements, workflow patterns, standard precautions, dress code, sterility assurance
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained electronically and manually
- Participates in all competency programs, attends meetings, and trainings when required
- Adheres to all policies and protocols in the use of Healthconnect and OneLink Systems
- Ability to present information in one on one and small group situations
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to communicate and write effectively.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Corporate Compliance Accountability:
- Consistently supports the precepts of Corporate compliance and Principles of Responsibility by maintaining confidentiality, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with integrity, reporting observed fraud and abuse and complying with applicable state, federal and local laws and program policies and procedures. Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service - In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; treats co-workers, patients, and facility visitors with respect. Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification to ensure that instructions and requests are fully understood.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; reads and interprets written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; balances team and individual responsibilities. Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The incumbent is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The incumbent is occasionally required to sit. The incumbent must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the incumbent is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Occasional exposure to inpatients and outpatients who may be experiencing a wide range of acute and chronic medical conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay Grade: 13
- Required six (6) months of experience managing supplies in a perioperative environment (Ambulatory Surgery Unit and/or Operating Room, and/or Sterile Processing-this may be any one of the 3 or a combination of the 3 equaling six (6) months).
- Required six (6) months of experience operating within a Supply Chain inventory management system.
- Successful Completion of 'Blood borne Pathogens Awareness Training' within 30 days of hire (KP Learn Module).
- Must Pass Computer Navigation Assessment
- High School Diploma/GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
-Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
Primary Location: California,Woodland Hills,Woodland Hills Medical Center 5601 De Soto Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Materials Management
Public Department Name: Materials Management - Distribution
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements