Lab Information System Application Specialist North Hollywood, CA
Supports the laboratory information computer system (LMS) primarily from the perspective of the local facilities, including medical centers, reference laboratories and medical office buildings. Operates as a scientific systems analyst as well as a business analyst, works with local medical, administrative, laboratory and network resources to diagnose, fixes and improves operation of this widearea network. Maximizes interrelationships with other local and region-wide existing networked systems. Assists in maximizing LMS to meet long term goals of the organization.
- Serves as a liaison at the Medical Center between all laboratory systems and all other activities that utilize laboratory data either directly or indirectly.
- Serves as a liaison with other departments at the medical center.
- Serves as network manager for technical issues regarding connectivity and communication protocol, hardware upgrades and specifications and any other technical issues involved with the management of the laboratory clinical information systems.
- In coordination with local laboratory management and technical staff, serves as a scientific and technical business analyst with a focus on improving system usefulness to the local user.
- Writes and directs CCL programs and management reports that will assist laboratory management and facility administration to manage personnel, workload and cost accounting.
- Works with local laboratory management and facility administration, seeks ways to improve patient satisfaction with the overall laboratory encounter.
- This involves training new staff as well as re-training existing staff on process improvement techniques.
- In addition manages the training of staff on all new systems used by the laboratory.
- Works with all facility Systems Coordinators as well as local departments, assists as the primary facility contact for all applications touching laboratory data 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Works with local laboratory management and facility administration and other Laboratory Systems Mangers in reducing inefficiencies by standardizing documentation and protocols for local, state and federal inspection of the laboratories, including CAP, CLIA, TJC and the Stat of California.
- Provides leadership and direction for business and functional areas, contact vendors of operations.
- Responsible for managing the installation of mainframe systems.
- Recommends innovation and anticipates the future direction of both business and information processing technology, functions as a technical consultant to various information technology in relations to laboratory instrumentation.
- Serves as a consultant to department staff in interpreting systems data.
- Acts as interface between system group end users.
- Coordinates system support, perform system administration, including security, software updates for laboratory instruments.
- Tracks, trends and reports to the appropriate supervisor/manager employee errors when working with laboratory systems; initiates corrective action as appropriate.
This is a Repost of 552291
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in managing large scale clinical laboratory information systems and other hospital systems.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a clinical laboratory scientist in all departments of a medium to large clinical laboratory.
- Bachelor's degree in a life science, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- California License as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Knowledge of application development, software acquisition support and implementation.
- Knowledge of chemistry, blood bank, hematology and microbiology skills necessary to satisfy the State of California's description of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Knowledge of regulatory issues, including State, Federal, AABB, C LIA and TJC.
- Proficient knowledge in PCs and mainframe database issues.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Requires rotating24 hour help desk call support for Informatics group.
- May have to travel to Chino Hills regional lab.
Primary Location: California,North Hollywood,Sherman Way Central Lab W 11668 Sherman Wy.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: Lab Informatics
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements