SSD Sr Health Care Systems Specialist (Epic Application Coordinator) Hospital Clinical Charge Capture Support (Epic Clinical Documentation or Orders 'BUILD' exper. highly preferred) Pasadena, CA
Works independently with various levels of clients within the organization and with outside parties to identify operational business requirements with sufficient detail and clarity to allow IT solution proposal development. Integrates clinical systems into business operations. Proposes and identifies workflow/gap analysis solutions between business and systems functionality. Leads independent initiatives from information gathering and analysis, documentation, and the presentation of findings, into implementation and support.
- Assist with application technical and operational knowledge in the analysis of client requirements in project areas such as: IT testing and product acceptance, gap analysis, development of new business operating models with innovative approaches to IT solutions support and available product functionality, operational readiness assessment, and others.
- Assesses training modality & content for upcoming new functionality releases.
- Assist & facilitate in cross functional task forces to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths, and system specifications.
- Conducts analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Analyzes and defines efficient, cost effective solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Assist in the development of comprehensive business cases with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of proposed IT projects that are used at various levels for funding and scope decisions.
- Supports the implementation of initiatives into deployment using project management methodologies.
- Serve as a single point of contact for the resolution of client issues and acts as a liaison between business clients and IT technical staff.
- Perform systems configuration work.
- Perform predetermined work in system as defined by policy and procedure/protocol.
- Formal presentation to audiences of various levels.
- Evaluate existing application products which could address client requirements and develop recommendations where appropriate.
- Develops test & activation support plans and works with client to perform risk assessment.
- Leads the coordination of solution development and supports implementation of initiatives into deployment using project management methodologies.
- Functions as a subject matter expert and can offer guidance and lend expertise to management and other team members.
- Completes administrative requirements in an accurate and timely manner (e.g. time reporting, status reporting, etc.).
- Four (4)plus years experience in information systems analysis or implementation or healthcare operations (master's degree in related field can be used in lieu of one (1) year of experience).
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience inproject management, Epic software and billing.
- Looking for an informatics person
- Bachelor's or master's degree in health care, information systems, computer science, engineering or related fields or experience required.
- Certification of Epic Proficiency or Epic Certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Vehicle and valid driver's license required.
- Prior progressively more complex responsibilities and accountabilities in a large mainframe or client server environment preferred.
- Knowledge in health care, clinical systems, information systems, or other related field preferred.
- Strong skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
- Proficient with PC applications including database, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation software and graphics packages.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Recruitment for Epic AC for Hospital Billing Support.
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
- Epic Certified in Inpatient Clinical Documentation
- 2-3 years in Epic Clinical Documentation or Orders 'BUILD' experience
- Coding knowledge
- Background in multiple specialties in the hospital setting
- Nursing background
- Project Management experience
- Ability to present to leadership
- Knowledge of the Industry Standards for Billing
Submit Now Click here for additonal requirements