Data Production & Analysis III Pasadena, CA
The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the business community needs for data collection, analysis, and reporting from a variety of sources including mainframe files, data warehouse reports, and vendor extracts. The Data Analyst will collect, organize, and analyze data for easy use by internal business and analytical clients, and serve as an expert on data availability and quality. In addition this position includes providing technical support for scheduling, job setup, coordinating with programmers to analyze batch requests and developing automated schedules.
- Collects and organize data from mainframe files, data warehouses, vendor extracts, departmental spreadsheets and databases, and internet/intranet sites for easy use by internal business and analytical clients.
- Ensure the integrity of all data for the purposes of maintaining regulatory compliance, triaging data problems directly to the vendors and clients.
- Communicates status to management or lead.
- Create and maintain databases as a tool for delivering data to internal clients.
- Translate customer business requirements needs into a final product.
- May provide guidance to less experienced data analysts.
- At a more complex level prepares production jobs for processing, and assures quality control by verifying results of the computer run in accordance with established procedures.
- Assures quality control by verifying results of the computer run in accordance with established procedures.
- Troubleshoots and resolves escalated job failures and anomalies.
- Recommends and assists in the development and implementation of maintenance policies.
- Reviews and ensures adequacy of technical operating instruction manuals, system documentation, standards and procedures.
- Attends and participates in release, publication, solutioning and project meetings and activities.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience required, including mainframe, large databases or data warehouses, JCL, schedulers, data analysis and production of datasets.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in SAS and large databases/sets or data warehouses.
- Bachelor's degree in health care, finance, information systems or related area, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Expert understanding of databases, data relationships, quality and integrity.
- Expert with query tools such as SQL and WinSQL.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Extensive use of shared server files, other in-house applications, file transfer and encryption programs.
- Requires strong communication skills, ability to keep up with technological changes, techniques and improvements, and apply those to current environment, strong customer service focus, and good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of internet, intranet, mainframe, and PC environments.
- Proven ability to work with customers to understand business requirements and translate those needs into a final product.
- Requires an understanding of financial information systems.
- Problem solving skills including the ability to research and initiate a data extract and report that answers key questions not answerable using known sources.
- Requires that analyst be an expert on data availability and quality, have a strong understanding of the business requirements, and the creativity to develop workable solutions for a wide ranges of customers.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- May have post-graduate education or training.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,Regional Offices-Walnut 393 E. Walnut St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Information Technology
Public Department Name: Decision Support
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements