Environmental Services Supervisor Los Angeles, CA
Under the guidance and direction of the Environmental Services Director, this position is responsible for 24 hour/7days a week site direction of environmental services assigned staff, performing cleaning/project work at a Medical Facility/Medical Office Building. Monitors environmental services program to ensure that building(s) are maintained in a safe, clean and operationally effective condition.
- Supervises staff concerning specific areas of responsibility which include quality standards, department policies and procedures, and service levels.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Interviews and selects environmental services personnel.
- Administers annual performance assessment process.
- Maintains and adheres to environmental services departmental policies/procedures relative to OSHA, DHS, TJC, NFPA, OSHPD, and other governing agency regulations and standards.
- Coordinates, schedules, oversees, and conducts employee training/development necessary to meet established performance standards, teamwork, and service criteria.
- Performs area inspections with assigned environmental services personnel, to evaluate/monitor performance, customer satisfaction, and infection prevention program compliance.
- Ensures general inspections are completed daily and formal inspections are completed monthly in all building areas.
- Supervises grounds keeping employees (if applicable) to ensure that work techniques, quality assurance standards, department policies and procedures and job specification are adhered to.
- Assists in maintaining budget compliance.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to decrease costs and increase service levels.
- In collaboration with human resources, manages labor relations activities of the department and ensures compliance with local contracts.
- Manages and maintains inventory supplies with established par levels.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a lead or supervisory position required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Management skills, including interviewing, organizing, planning, and problem solving skills required.
- Minimum three (3) years of environmental services experience in healthcare environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in working with bargaining units and contract interpretation.
- Knowledge of hospital infection prevention, sanitation protocols and cleaning methods.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Association for Healthcare Environment (AHE) or International Executive Housekeepers Association (IEHA) Certification preferred.
- Associate's degree or two years of college OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
Primary Location: California,Los Angeles,West Los Angeles Medical Center 6041 Cadillac Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed , Thu , Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Facilities Services
Public Department Name: Environmental Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements