Radiologic Tech\CT& Gen Rad On Call Lafayette, CO
Functions in the clinic as both a CT Technologist & a Radiographer. Operates general radiography equipment & computed tomography imaging scanners & related equipment to produce images of specified areas of the body, in accordance w/the Radiologist's instructions, using knowledge of CT/RT techniques & procedures, sterile techniques, basic nursing procedures, patient care & monitoring, anatomical relationships & the contour & composition of body tissues. Initiates IV's & monitors contrast administration under direct physician supervision. Makes members/patients & their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops & sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, & needs. Builds rapport & cooperative relationship w/members/patients & co-workers. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs & resolves problems.
- Positions patient to obtain desired images in accordance w/physician's instruction & using knowledge of human anatomy. Operates CT/Gen Rad equipment to produce images of specified areas of the body, using knowledge of physiology & cross-sectional anatomy. Monitors images & makes necessary adjustments to obtain optimal images. Confers w/Radiologist/attending physician to establish requirements for non-standard examinations. Follows all established scanning protocols.
- Operates & effectively utilizes PACS equipment, including computer operations, digital image transfer, post processing functions & other devices. Processes & transmits images according to established dept protocols & standard operating procedures.
- Consistently operates Radiology Info System to ensure accurate patient information by: tracking patient in/out of procedure room, tracking supplies/images obtained, identifying patient demographic information & tracking repeated scanning sequences.
- Starts IV's & monitors patient during contrast administration under direction of a physician.
- Maintains quality control of all CT/Gen Rad procedures & related equipment by monitoring the operating condition of the equipment, & evaluating image quality. Participates in all ACR accreditation requirements as required.
- Prepares & maintains CT/Gen Rad records & files, as required. Maintains daily log & enters statistics into computer as needed.
- Monitors & maintains inventory of supplies used in providing CT/Gen Rad services according to established guidelines.
- Monitors & maintains inventory of supplies used in providing CT/Gen Rad services according to established levels. Maintains equipment & work area in a clean & orderly condition.
- Communicates clearly, effectively & appropriately at all times. Communicates verbally in a clear & concise manner. Demonstrates courteous & appropriate telephone skills. Communicates in writing accurately, completely & legibly, & routes such communication appropriately & in a timely manner.
- Considers the cognitive, physical, emotional & chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients in the age group served. Assesses data reflective of the patient's status & interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, & provides the care needed in accordance w/dept policy.
- Exercises clinical judgment w/in scope of practice.
- Performs other duties as required.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors & principles defined by the KP Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific deptal/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, & behaviors necessary to provide superior & culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, & to purchasers, contracted providers & vendors.
- Recent experience as a Radiologic Technologist working in a medical imaging department and six (6) months of recent computer tomography experience required or recent graduates of a CT cross training program may be considered.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a two (2) year radiologic technology training program approved by the American Medical Association; and registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ARRT (R), plus currently registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ARRT (C).
License, Certification, Registration
- ARRT (R)(C)
- Two (2) or more years medical imaging experience in a trauma center or emergency department with recent CT experience.
- Associate's degree or higher.
This position will cover CT for the region.
Primary Location: Colorado,Lafayette,Rock Creek Medical Offices 280 Exempla Cir.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: SEIU - Local 105
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Imaging / Radiology
Public Department Name: Cat Scan
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements