Medical Recept\Patient Care On Call Lafayette, CO
THIS POSTING REPRESENTS TWO POSITIONS
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of clericaland reception duties for a patient care department, including scheduling appointments for services, according to practice, protocol and/or established procedures. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
- Greets members/patients; checks to ensure patient-s appointment time.
- Verifies that member has all requested medical forms and information and checks to ensure completeness.
- Explains to member how to complete various forms relating to health history and relevant procedures.
- Prepares the appropriate materials and pertinent clinical information necessary for patient visits.
- Advises provider that patient is waiting to be seen.
- Shows patient to the appropriate waiting area and monitors waiting time.
- Screensand routes incoming telephone calls from physicians, nurses, members, and other departments.
- Answers routine inquiries and forwards complex inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Takes messages as necessary.
- Books medical appointment and may call patient to cancel or change various appointments pending potential schedule changes.
- Prepares a variety of routine office and medical materials such as letters, memos, reports and manuals using proper medical terminology, correct grammar and documentation format.
- Performs other related duties as required such as copying, filing, receiving and distributing mail.
- Maintains departmental materials and supplies.
- One (1) year of work experience in providing clerical and technical support in a health care facility.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to remain courteous and to perform related reception/clerical duties for the medical department.
- Highly effective interpersonal and verbal skills required.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- Successful completion of a basic medical terminology program preferred.
Available to work at least four shifts a month
Primary Location: Colorado,Lafayette,Rock Creek Medical Offices 280 Exempla Cir.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: SEIU - Local 105
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Customer Services
Public Department Name: Primary Care
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements