- Submit Now
Lab Asst II Irvine, CA
To perform venipuncture and skin puncture and pre-analytical and post analytical steps of laboratory testing.
- Selects the appropriate phlebotomy technique relative to the age & physical maturation of the patient
- Assesses the quality of blood to be drawn from the patient based on the patient's age, physical maturation & the test or study to be performed
- Performs venipuncture, finger stick or heel stick, as required, proficiently on patients of all ages
- Properly labels sample(s) & transports to laboratory or Clinical Laboratory Scientist as required
- Performs the pre-analytical phase of testing by bar coding, centrifuging, separating, logging, culturing & staining of bacteriological specimens
- Monitors & maintains appropriate inventory levels of supplies & reagents
- Establishes & maintains courteous, cooperative relations w/ the public, patients & other personnel
- Performs other duties as required including checking in patients collecting appropriate revenue, accessioning test orders & giving preparation instructions to patients
- Handles difficult patients in a professional manner
- Displays professionalism at all times, both in attitude & appearance
- Follows directives form all supervisors, leads & seniors
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed
- Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws
Pay Grade: 23
- One year phlebotomy experience in an acute care medical center or non-acute care setting.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Valid California phlebotomy certificate. A valid certification is defined as: 1.) Have in their physical possession the California Department of Health Services (CADHS), Certified Phlebotomist Technician (CPT) document.
- Relevant college courses in the life sciences, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform the duties/responsibilities of the job at a fully satisfactory performance level.
- The SCPMG Regional Reference Lab does not require phlebotomy certification.
- This is a variable position, work hours will vary between6:00 am to 6:00 pm
Submit Now Click here for additonal requirements
Recent Kaiser Permanente Jobs
- No similar jobs available