Clinic Manager RN Honolulu, HI
Provides leadership for assigned facilities. Is responsible for driving care delivery innovation. Ensures high quality, accessible and cost-effective health care services meeting needs of customers and are consistent with Regional goals and strategies. Is responsible for ensuring clinic goals and objectives are met. Supervises assigned staff.
- Provides leadership in assessing customer needs and satisfaction levels. Is responsible for driving care delivery innovation. Designs services to satisfy needs and increase satisfaction levels. Leads and facilitates teams in continuous development. Implements programs to improve customer service, accessibility, personalized care and efficiency and quality of interaction between customers and staff.
- In collaboration with clinic leadership, determines clinic's goals and objectives for upcoming year. Leads development of tactics and projects to achieve objectives.
- Leads implementation of regional initiatives to improve member satisfaction and quality of care.
- Collaborates with regional groups to design, develop, and implement care and service initiatives at local clinics.
- Coordinates work of clinic's supervisors, physician leaders, and other change agents to ensure efforts are aligned.
- Ensures physicians are well supported, valued, and have skills and training necessary to be effective leaders.
- Promotes and supports programs and methods which enhance quality of care, improve member satisfaction, and reduce waste. Fosters and supports culture of continuous quality improvement and lean operations. Provides cost-effective functioning of operations at each facility. Ensures continuous cost structure improvements.
- Leads in development of programs which support recruitment, retention and development of staff who consistently deliver high-quality services at lowest total cost. Creates work environment that produces work life satisfaction for physicians and non-physicians with emphasis on dedication to helping customers, respect for individuals, innovation, and teamwork.
- Undertakes leadership role in peripheral clinics in area by providing mentoring and indirect supervision of peripheral supervisors as appropriate.
- Assures provision of safe, attractive patient care facilities which satisfy needs of customers and staff and is in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Leads planning process for facilities. Ensures facilities meet member and staff needs. Collaborates with facilities, design, and construction.
- Serves on Regional committees, task forces and teams as assigned.
- Facilitates cross-functional activities that improve total performance of area in Region. Takes leadership role in Regional clinic processes. Collaborates with other clinic leadership to improve processes regionally.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency, and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
- Provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Provides services that are within scope of license and in compliance with all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements relevant to clinical role performed.
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values through out their Nursing Practice.
- Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and terminates assigned staff as appropriate. Delegates responsibility to appropriate staff. Coaches, develops, and mentors staff. Creates opportunities for improvements in areas of weaknesses.
- Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff.
- Minimum five (5) years of health care administration or related experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Short and long-range planning experience.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing OR RN with three (3) years nursing management experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Hawaii RN License (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Current Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Professional.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, conflict resolution, creativity/innovation, decision making, customer service, group presentations, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, project management, quality management, team building, teamwork, and written communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
- Supervisory experience in a health care setting.
- Master's degree in nursing in relevant field of specialty.
Primary Location: Hawaii,Honolulu,Honolulu Medical Offices 1010 Pensacola St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Healthcare / Hospital Operations
Public Department Name: Med Ofc-Clnc Adm-Primry Care
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements