Director Member & Marketing Communications Honolulu, HI
Plans, directs, develops, & implements member communications, marketing communications, advertising, & brand management activities & programs for region. Collaborates & consults w/others throughout Region & National regarding program issues & needs. Plans & develops communication strategies. Supervises assigned staff.
- Plans, directs, & provides overall creative direction for member communication projects to include editorial concept.
- Serves as department liaison w/ clients needing member communications materials.
- Provides strategic counsel to clients; ensures clients objectives are met; directs & manages client requests.
- Recommends programs or materials to enhance member communications.
- Directs national member & marketing communications project manager & team to produce materials on clients' behalf.
- Develops & implements plans/projects to improve efficiency & effectiveness. Determines when jobs can be handled more efficiently or effectively by another vendor. Develops & manages optimal job flow process.
- Develops & manages catalog of publications in partnership w/ print shop. Edits material to ensure professionalism & brand compliance.
- Works w/ inter-regional supplies. Manages member materials through point of purchase & web-sites.
- Plans & directs marketing communication strategies, research, activities & programs for region.
- Collaborates & partners w/ Sales&Marketing Director & staff to ensure marketing communication objectives are met.
- Works closely w/Marcom coordinators on respective projects to ensure objectives are met; partners w/ national Marcom to leverage efforts, resources & materials.
- Supports sales staff. Provides counsel &, if needed, materials to enhance sales efforts.
- Works closely w/product line & new product development leadership, & KOTJ leadership to ensure objectives are met.
- Provides consultation to & supports other departments w/member & marketing communication needs.
- Develops & maintains all existing & future advertisement materials for Region; ensures accuracy, appropriateness, & budget of advertisement materials; coordinates review of advertisement materials w/ marketing management, legal counsel, local advertising agencies, outside vendors & other appropriate parties; liaisons w/ outside vendors & local advertising agencies regarding creativity & production.
- Coordinates & manages advertising w/direct response management agency & other agencies; coordinates advertisement on local & inter-regional web-site.
- Ensures brand, product, or programs specifics are met according to national & regional standards.
- Provides support to other departments w/advertising needs.
- Advises others on correct use of corporate brand identity guidelines; reviews selected printed materials to assure compliance w/Regional & national program standards. Serves as project manager for Regional projects requiring brand identity.
- Communicates brand identity program as well as reputation management & improvement. Serves as inter-regional rep for brand management program.
- Develops, directs, & manages compliance program for brand identity management.
- Works in partnership w/Facilities on environmental branding program.
- Serves as liaison w/Public Affairs department to share information & ensure consistent communication.
- Resolves problems w/leadership team, functional specialists, & external stakeholders w/in process to assure team responsibilities are carried out in an efficient & effective manner.
- Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, & terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
- Minimum eight (8) years of progressive experience in marketing, communications, advertising, public relations, or related experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, english, or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry relating to HMOs and employee health insurance benefits.
- Demonstrated working relationship with media representatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in change management, conflict resolution, creativity/innovation, decision making, customer service, group presentations, group process facilitation, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, project management, quality management, systems thinking, team building, and written communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, multimedia presentations, spreadsheet, database, and desktop publishing PC applications.
- Master's degree in business administration, marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, english, or related field.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Primary Location: Hawaii,Honolulu,Regional Admin Low Rise 711 Kapiolani Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Public Department Name: Mbr Comm-Corporate Communictns
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements