Manager Communications Honolulu, HI
Acts as a communications adviser and strategist for Maui Health System, a Kaiser Foundation Hospitals LLC, (MHS), which includes Maui Memorial Medical Center and Kula Hospital & Clinic both on Maui, Lanai Community Hospital on Lanai. Ensures delivery and promotion of Maui Health system's brand. Supervises assigned staff.
- Acts as a communications adviser and strategist.
- Collaborates with executives to support effectively delivering, promoting and protecting Maui Health System's brand and reputation and align with the Kaiser Permanente brand as appropriate.
- Develops the communication strategies and implements communications plans and tactics to support strategic and operational goals and objectives. This includes managing all communication channels such as the internet and intranet, email, print, video, and face-to-face venues.
- Creates internal and external communication objectives and plans in partnership with peers to deliver, promote and protect the organization's brand and reputation.
- Leads cross-functional project teams to achieve specific initiatives. May supervise outside vendors.
- Provides communications consulting to senior or executive-level clients on internal and external communications including verbal communications, advice on communications issues, providing customized communications plans and materials, etc.
- Strategizes with clients, writes communication plans and creative briefs, oversees reach and analyses, writes articles, prepares presentations, plans logistics, produces events, and manages overall coordination.
- Collaborates and integrates with Kaiser Permanente peers in Marketing Communication, PR and Communications including media relations and PR staff, internal communicators, and regional marketing and communications staff.
- Collaborates with Hawaii Permanente Medical Group and HPMG NewCo. Communications teams to support business objectives.
- May lead or collaborate with Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit/Community Relations team on Community Relations or Community Benefit activities.
- Ensures content is consistent with established brand in terms of look, tone, messaging, etc.
- Manages and completes multiple assignments and coordinate diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program.
- Establishes measurement systems to determine effectiveness of communications programs, and creates or augments plans to improve results.
- Using understanding of the care delivery model, organizational structure, mission, and complex communications organization, supports key strategic initiatives and leadership clients.
- Anticipates issues and manages crisis communication in case of escalation. Collaborates with KP Hawaii and national colleagues on planning and response plans.
- Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
- Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in corporate communications environment, including two years of communications and major project leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, public relations, business administration or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Recent experience in planning and implementing complex internal communications plans and projects for a large, complex organization, with track record of increasing responsibility.
- Experience with Public and Media Relations.
- Experience in issues management and crisis communications.
- Professional-level writing and editing skills for Web, social, and traditional media.
- Demonstrated excellence in directly supporting senior executives in complex organizations and influencing their approach to communications while nurturing the relationship.
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team setting.
- Demonstrated experience on cross-functional, integrated (internal/external) efforts.
- Proven experience with organizational change, corporate reputation management, internal brand reinforcement, and stakeholder engagement.
- Able to respond to emerging issues and crises with calm and well-informed strategies.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Project management.
- Consulting skills, customer focus.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft suite of applications, especially Power Point.
- Must be proficient in using electronic mail systems and familiar with researching and accessing information from the Internet.
- Experience in producing events and developing web content.
- Master's Degree in Journalism, English, public relations, business administration, or related field.
Primary Location: Hawaii,Honolulu,Regional Admin Tower 711 Kapiolani Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Public Department Name: Regional Other Administration
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements