Cook I (On Call) Hillsboro, OR
Under the direction of the Department Manager or Supervisor, prepare and serve hot and cold food items. Clean cafeteria and food service preparation area according to hospital and state quality and sanitary standards.
- Slice, prepare, mix, and/or whip cold and hot foods as appropriate and in compliance with department standards.
- Prepare salads and deli-bars, wraps and sandwiches for grab and go and catering.
- Grill, bake, and/or steam food items for employee meals, special patient needs, and/or catering.
- Prepare made to order salads as requested.
- Prepare homemade bulk salads.
- Follow recipes and maintain portion control.
- Gather the appropriate quantities of food stuffs from storage areas for preparation of appropriate meal.
- Organize and maintain food in galley refrigerators and freezers.
- Collect money and make change for guests in the absence of Cashier (at the cash register) for emergency cases only.
- Serve meals to guests in a courteous, pleasant manner.
- Notify manager or lead person of food supply needs and any equipment that needs repair.
- Complete cleaning assignments according to daily and weekly schedule and dishwashing as needed.
- Receive verify deliveries as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Obtain and maintain any required federal, state or country health certificates.
- Follows appropriate policies and procedures for use of time in work environment, including absenteeism and tardiness.
- Monitors and takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences,
- Returns promptly from breaks and schedules them in concert with co-workers to provide appropriate coverage of unit and client care activities.
- Consistently on time and ready to work at the start of shift as well as assignments completed at end of shift.
- Maintains confidentiality of al client and organizational records.
- Releases information according to established policy/procedure
- Demonstrates a positive attitude while at the work site.
- Does not conduct personal conversations when members are waiting for service.
- Does not discuss other staff members, organization, or medical care in public areas.
- Identifies self by utilizing name tags and verbally introducing self by name, title and/or department.
- Addresses members by their proper titles and last name.
- Provides assistance to customers or connect customers to appropriate person when needed.
- Applies the same courtesy standards to customers on the telephone as in person.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- One (1) year restaurant/institutional cooking required.
- Experience handling convenience foods, stock rotation, and working with menus.
- Institutional cooking experience required.
- Must possess experience and knowledge of sandwich and breakfast grill items preparation.
- Ability and experience working cooperatively in small work groups.
- Current Food Handlers Card.
- Must have effective oral communications skills, be able to write legibly, read, and follow written instructions; have a basic understanding of mathematics.
- Understand how to operate food service equipment.
- Capable of working under indirect supervision and able to use sound judgment in minor decision-making.
- Able to organize work to meet needs of customer in a timely manner.
- Basic cooking and food preparation skills preferred.
- Customer service skills preferred.
Primary Location: Oregon,Hillsboro,Westside Hospital 2875 NW Stucki Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: SEIU - Local 49
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Nutrition / Food Services
Public Department Name: Food & Nutrition Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements