Assistant Department Administrator II (RN) Orthopedcs Podiatry Hillsboro, OR
The RN Asst. Dept Admin (ADA) provides clinical leadership & oversight to uphold excellence & clinical competency of staff in the provision of nursing & other clinical services through implementation of the professional practice model & evidence-based standards of care. The RN ADA is accountable for coordinating all back office clinical functions including the implementation of regionally consistent practices, processes, & protocols w/in a clinical Dept to achieve excellence in quality of care, service, access, resource utilization, employee/physician satisfaction & workplace safety. The RN ADA works closely w/ physician partners & the Dept Admin (DA) in fulfilling the job accountabilities. The RN ADA may perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise & competency to fulfill job responsibilities & to direct the provision of care in the Dept & in accordance w/ licensure & regulatory requirements.
- Clinical Supervision: Collaborates w/ physician partners & admins & brings the professional nursing & clinical perspective to leadership team to improve quality, safety, access, & affordability. Ensures support staff working to full scope &/or certification. Collaborates w/ leadership team to identify opportunities to optimize scope of practice & ensure resource stewardship. Ensures RN's & support staff have the required knowledge & skill to perform assignment. Assists w/ providing on-going clinical skills development including the supervision of onboarding processes. Collaborates w/ Reg-l nursing srvs to implement Reg-l & Nat-l nursing strategies in accordance w/ KP's Nat-l Nursing vision, models, & values. Monitors health outcome metrics, including established Nat-l & Reg-l nurse sensitive metrics & recommends, implements & evaluates improvement strategies. Collaborates w/ leadership team & Reg-l nursing srvs to ensure clinical quality & patent safety assurance processes are conducted, trends identified & remediation strategies implemented. Collaborates w/ physician partners & Reg-l nursing srvs to ensure applicable clinical accreditation requirements met. Anticipates changes in healthcare trends & collaborates w/ Reg-l nursing srvs to effectively implement evidence based changes in nursing practice. Assess urgency of clinical situations for the purposes of determining appropriate prioritization & needed actions to assure patient safety. Provides clinical oversight of applicable nursing Care Mgmt srvs. Collaborates w/ leadership & Reg-l nursing srvs to develop recommendations, implement, & evaluate improved processes & systems w/in multi-disciplinary care teams & across the continuum of care.
- Operations: Supervises & coordinates all staff activities necessary to provide excellent patient focused care. Acts as liaison between the physician partners, care team, support Depts to ensure effective communication for overall patient care srvs, including Reg-l communication cascade to frontline staff. Selects, coaches, develops & performance manages staff & affiliated clinicians in collaboration w/ physician partners & in compliance w/ requirements of EEO/AA goals, union contracts, & personnel policies of the organization. Co-leads unit based teams (UBTs). Ensures the UBTs continuously focus on identifying & implementing ways to meet/exceed quality, safety, & srv targets & implement Reg-l initiatives. Supports the development, implementation, & sustainability of standard workflows for support staff & clinicians. Monitors & controls expenditures, overtime, & staffing levels.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum two (2) years of business management experience -OR- minimum (2) years of proven supervisory experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience providing direct patient care.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon and Washington RN license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical and operational processes, staff licensure/certification, clinical competency requirements, and scope of practice concepts.
- Ability to analyze, integrate and use quantitative data informed decisions about quality improvement and collaborating with clinical staff, back office staff, and team to achieve expected outcomes.
- Ability to lead in a culturally diverse environment and promote culturally competent care.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Ability to attend to details, prioritize and complete multiple tasks independently in a fast-paced environment and following agreed upon timeline.
- Business management experience.
- Supervisory experience in unionized health care setting.
- Hospital and Ambulatory Care experience.
- Experience working Hospice or Home Health.
- Master's degree in nursing, business or related field.
- Specialty certification highly desirable.
- National certification in related clinical field.
- Ability to apply process improvement and project management principles.
- Ability to performance manage, coach, and develop staff.
- Ability to understand and utilize data to improve performance.
- Ability to lead and implement change management and process improvement activities.
- Ability to establish partnerships with physician group, organized labor representatives and peers in order to create a culture of commitment to patient focused service, excellent support of physician and nursing practices, innovation, compliance, safety, and integrity.
Primary Location: Oregon,Hillsboro,Westside Specialty Medical Offices 2875 NW Stucki
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Healthcare / Hospital Operations
Public Department Name: Specialty Care
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements