Registration Representative On Call (Hillsboro) Hillsboro, OR
Registers patients to receive medical services in clinic, hospital inpatient, Ambulatory, or Emergency services. Obtains demographic information, validates & verifies insurance, & receives payments, based on established manual or technological protocols, refers patients to Financial Advocates. Answers &/or refers questions received from patients, visitors, staff as appropriate. Performs various related cash handling procedures per SOX control regulations. Staff members in this position may perform all, or a combination of the duties described depending upon their assigned work area & the specific needs of the department.
- Registration: Greets & registers patients for various medical care in the clinic setting potentially in a 24 hour, 7 day a week environment & in a highly active fast paced setting such as the Emergency department.
- Verifies the patient demographic & insurance information w/ the patient consistent w/ the National Registration Standards & regional policies.
- Verifies Insurance Eligibility & Benefits (including policy limitations) for all payers using approved system to check for eligibility & benefit information.
- Uses problem-solving skills to verify patient identification through patient name, spouse names, social security number, date of birth & address in order to identify & minimize duplicate medical records.
- Interview patient to obtain/determine payer source, financial & demographic information & obtains appropriate signatures.
- Verifies, identifies, & inputs Other Coverage Information (OCI), primary, secondary, & tertiary payers for services provided.
- Revenue Collection: Determines & collects cost-shares, & partial payments for services to be received.
- Enter/verify payments in the computer, close cash drawers, count currency, checks, & credit card payments at the end of each shift, & create deposits per cash handling policies.
- Maintains billing accuracy & compliance per KPNW & National Revenue Cycle policies.
- Communicate to the patient the Northwest's policy on payment of services or prepayment when significant patient liabilities are identified.
- Collect past due balances & refers, as appropriate, to financial counselors.
- Appointing & Messaging: Takes messages as required according to scripts & guidelines.
- May schedule &/or cancel appointments based on member's needs & regional policies & procedures.
- Regulatory/Organizational Compliance: Explains & requests patients to sign regulatory forms such as consent & release forms as required.
- Makes copies or scans of patient identification, insurance information & other related forms & documents.
- Fully understands & adheres to the rules & regulations of Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care & Commercial payers regarding referrals, preauthorization & pre-certification requirements.
- Is knowledgeable & maintains compliance w/ CMS by accurately completing Medicare Secondary Payer screening information.
- Explains basic KPNW Medical Center &/or clinic policies & procedures to patients.
- General Services: Stock appropriate forms & supplies.
- Demonstrates responsibility in handling supplies & equipment in a cost-effective manner & according to standards such as policies, procedures, & infection control guidelines.
- Assist patients by providing phone numbers, facility directions & office layouts.
- Performs all other duties as assigned consistent w/ job description.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Two (2) years of health care financial OR two (2) of years cash handling customer service experience in high volume customer service environment.
- Two (2) years of experience keyboarding/typing & navigating multiple computer applications in a Windows environment including data input.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Excellent verbal & written English communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility & ability to switch tasks frequently.
- Final candidates will need to complete Contact Center Simulation assessment within minimum competency score of fiftieth (50th) percentile or higher.
- Final candidates will complete approved medical terminology course within six (6) months of date of hire.
- Strong complex problem solving skills & the ability to make decisions independently.
- Previous experience w/ EPIC applications preferred.
- Previous hospital or ambulatory clinic registration experience preferred.
- Certification by HFMA or NAHAM preferred.
Primary Location: Oregon,Hillsboro,Sunset Medical Offices 19400 NW Evergreen Pkwy.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: SEIU - Local 49
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Customer Services
Public Department Name: Patient Registration
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements