Temp Hlth Ed Wellness & Prev Weight Management Georgia, GA
The Health Educator under the direction of the Health Promotion Manager is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating health education and/or other associated activities for members at Kaiser Permanente Georgia. The Health Educator will be responsible for using appropriate strategies to facilitate health promotion and disease prevention.
- The Health Educator will develop and present health education and promotion programs such as training workshops, classes, schools, and employer or community presentations on a wide variety of health topics included but not limited to smoking cessation, stress management, effective communication skills and healthy eating.
- The educator will promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health by assisting individuals, targeted groups and communities to adopt healthy behaviors.
- The Health Educator is responsible for communicating, advocating and driving participation effectively for health promotion, health education programs and resources within Kaiser Permanente.
- The educator will translate scientific language and concepts into clear, simple and understandable information for members and non-members to maximize potential for behavior change.
- They will collect and analyze data to identify needs prior to planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies and environments.
- Prepare and distribute health education materials and innovative, interactive education methodology including but not limited to referral tools, handouts, and visual aids such as video, photographs, and storytelling.
- The Health Educator will serve as a health education resource for our healthy living program.
- It is important for the Health Educator to understand and contribute to Kaiser Permanente's mission, to provide high quality, affordable health care to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
- Health Educator will travel to service location as assigned.
- Experience with Group Teaching.
- Candidates must have three (3) to five (5) years as a Health Educator.
- Candidates must have an associate's degree in health education, community health or a similar field.
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must have ability to relate well ethnically, culturally and educationally to target population.
- Bachelor's degree in health education, community health education, public health with a concentration in health education, or social work from a graduate school accredited by the Council on social work education preferred.
- Registered Dietitian, LPN, RN or Nutritionist preferred.
Primary Location: Georgia,Georgia,Unknown
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Variable
Schedule: Per Diem
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Education / Training
Public Department Name: Health Education
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements