Sr. Financial Planning & Analysis Atlanta Georgia, GA
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for modeling (developing forecasts, budgets and multi-year plans), analyzing and reporting financial and operational results, developing business cases, and capital planning activities. This role involves limited supervision over others as the Sr Financial Analyst provides guidance to the Financial Analyst.
- Assists with preparation of annual plan/budget, forecast(s), and multi-year plans taking into account changes in tactical and strategic plans, operations, contract, trends, etc.
- Identifies, analyzes and tracks trends that impact financial performance (e.g., new/changed product offerings, utilization and operations). Works with key constituents team to identify actionable solutions.
- Provides financial/analytical support to key constituents throughout the organization.
- Prepares business cases including financial, operational and economic analysis. Identifies and evaluates investments using internal rate of return, discounted cash flow, net present value payback, sensitivity and breakeven analysis. Challenges key assumptions.
- Leads analytical review (6 months to 2 years post implementation) of major projects to assess progress towards achieving stated results.
- Minimum two (2) years of financial analytical experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving skills and teamwork abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self starter and have excellent follow through skills.
- Ability to handle changing priorities.
- Detail oriented.
- CPA, CMA, CFA, or other financial certification preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance industry and/or health care industry.
- Literacy of SQL, OLAP cubes, or other relational/hierarchical database tools preferred.
- Masters-level degree preferred.
Primary Location: Georgia,Georgia,Unknown
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon â€“ Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial Services
Public Department Name: Financial Planning & Analysis
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements