HR Consultant Fontana, CA
Consults with Service Area (SA) management (HP/H and SCPMG) on Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Compensation issues. Ensures that all Human Resources practices are in compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Provides expertise in strategy development and execution, planning, and facilitation of labor and employee relations efforts.
- Handles labor grievances, investigations, disputes, employee issues and concerns and coordinates arbitrations and litigations with Core Labor Relations and Legal.
- Develops and implements processes to control cost associated with the previous issues.
- Works collaboratively with Human Resources Directors/Teams and Core Human Resources functions to ensure consistent application of Labor Relations, Employee Relations, EEO/AA, Diversity, and Compensation strategies and implementations.
- Coordinates and facilitates various SA employee forums.
- Assists with planning, implementation and on-going maintenance of all Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Compensation programs.
- Consults with 'salary decision makers' on base salary determination and total reward and recognition issues.
- Assists with education, communication, implementation, and training for all compensation programs.
- Consults with management and employees on Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity issues and charges.
- Investigates and responds to all Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity charges and allegations Educates and coaches management on all Human Resources issues and practices.
- Minimum five (5) years of HR experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources or Labor Relations or related field required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Extensive knowledge of Employee and Labor Relations practices.
- Significant progressive Human Resources experience.
- Working knowledge of Compensation practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Consulting and leadership skills.
- Proficient with PC applications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
Primary Location: California,Fontana,Fontana Valley Annex West 16994 Valley Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Human Resources / HRIS
Public Department Name: Human Resources
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements