Director Public Affairs & Brand Communications Fontana Fontana, CA
The Director of Public Affairs and Brand Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic communications and public affairs' programs that demonstrate Kaiser Permanente's commitment to its mission and promotes and protects the organization's reputation. They also provide strategic leadership and oversight of their medical center's integrated brand communications; government and community relations and community benefit programs. The position serves on the medical centers' leadership team - supporting the area's business plans and objectives through communications and public affairs programs, as well as providing brand communications counsel. The director is a member of the Southern California Public Affairs Leadership team, responsible for supporting the regions' strategic brand communications, government and community relations and community benefit objectives. Ensures local area strategic direction is in line and supports the organizational objectives and business plan. The director oversees local government relations, community relations and community benefit programs - which furthers the organization's mission to spread Total Health to our members and the communities we serve. Therefore, the position requires that the director establishes and maintains positive working relationships with community partners, business groups, local electeds, and government agencies. The position also leads and oversees the medical center's public affairs team in the execution of brand communications which includes external/public relations and internal/corporate communications for the medical center. As a member of the medical center's Growth/Marketing Council - the director will partner with the local area leadership, neighboring medical centers, Sales and Account Management, and Marketing Consultants on the development and implementation of the area's integrated marketing and communications plans and programs. This position has a dual reporting relationship to the executive director of the area medical center, as well as the vice president of integrated brand communications.
- The director of brand communications and public affairs may assist or oversee in any of the following areas:
- Leads all local Public Relations activities in support of Kaiser Permanente's mission, vision values, and local strategic plan, including:
- Communicating organizational messages to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Development and implementation of local market social and traditional media relations strategy consistent with regional and program office policies.
- Creating and executing local area employee and physician engagement campaigns (messaging, collateral materials, supporting events, etc.).
- Leads local area emergency response communications (acting public information officer) and provides local area support for situation and issues management.
- Collaborates on the development and execution of local integrated marketing and communication plan that supports the local strategic plan and promotes and protects Kaiser Permanente's brand and reputation.
- Collaborates on the development and execution of local marketing plans and campaigns in support of organizational goals.
- Supports and implements program office and regional integrated communications and marketing plans and programs.
- Leads local Government Relations activities in support of organizational goals, including development and fostering relationships with elected representatives and their staff.
- Leads development and execution of local Community Relations strategy in support of organizational goals, including participation in, and support of, worthy local civic, business and community nonprofit agencies.
- Leads the development and execution of a local Community Benefit program-aligned with the national and regional programs-which furthers the organization's mission to spread Total Health to the communities we serve.
- Oversee the local community health needs assessment and development of a local area plan that aligns with the organization's community benefit goals and objectives.
- Ensures that the Community Benefit plan properly guides the investments of local medical center resources including: grant support, in-kind contributions, and employee engagement. This includes the effectiveness of the programs and investments.
- Monitors the organization's investments of assets to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in communications environment, including two years of supervisory and/or major project leadership experience.
- Experience within last three (3) years in planning and implementing complex internal communications plans and projects for a large, complex organization, with track record of increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, english, public relations or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated excellence in directly supporting senior executives in large organizations and influencing their approach to communications.
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team setting.
- Demonstrated experience on cross-functional, integrated (internal/external) efforts.
- Proven experience with organizational change, corporate reputation management, internal brand reinforcement, and stakeholder engagement.
- Able to respond to emerging issues and crises.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Public Relations, marketing and advertising experience.
- Agency experience.
- Experience working at a local medical center.
- Master's degree.
Primary Location: California,Fontana,Fontana Medical Center 9961 Sierra Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: External Affairs / Relations
Public Department Name: Public Affairs and Brand Communications
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements