Audiologist Part Time Falls Church Medical Center Falls Church, VA
To assess, diagnose, and treat patients with hearing, balance and related disorders.
- Evaluates patients' audiologic function, interprets findings, and reviews test results with patient or responsible adult.
- Documents patients' case history, test results and recommendations for follow up in the medical record and reports results and recommendations to referring physician and/or primary care physician.
- Counsels patients about treatment options for hearing loss and refers patients to ear, nose and throat department for consultation when appropriate.
- Counsels patients about management of chronic tinnitus.
- Educates patients about hearing conservation.
- Evaluates patient's vestibular function when referred for dizziness, vertigo, or imbalance.
- Performs canalith repositioning maneuvers for patients with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and counsels' patients about vestibular rehabilitation exercises when appropriate.
- Performs and interprets electro physiologic and special tests of the peripheral and central auditory system.
- Evaluates hearing status of infants and young children with an appropriate comprehensive battery of tests.
- Counsels patients regarding hearing aid device options.
- Evaluates patient's hearing aids when appropriate and enters referrals for hearing aids for members with a hearing aid benefit.
- Additional specialized duties performed to include: Programming and fitting implantable devices such as cochlear implants, bone anchored hearing aids (BAHAS) and similar devices AND/OR Fitting, programming, and troubleshooting hearing aids and assistive listening devices, including electroacoustic analysis and real-ear measures AND/OR Advanced vestibular assessment such as rotary chair, vestibular evoked myogenic potential VEMPS, posturography or video head impulse testing (vHIT).
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in vestibular testing (videonystagmography (VNG) or electronystagmography (ENG)) required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in behavioral pediatric assessment (infants and toddlers) required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in Auditory Evoked Potential testing (all ages) - required.
- Current employees: Master's degree AND a minimum four (4) years of experience in audiology required OR an Au.D AND a minimum two (2) years of experience in audiology required.
- New hires: Au.D AND a minimum of two (2) years of experience in audiology required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Virginia Audiology license required.
- Current Virginia Hearing Aid Dispenser license required upon hire for new employees.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Submission of PECOS enrollment paperwork required within 30 days.
Primary Location: Virginia,Falls Church,Falls Church Medical Center 201 N. Washington St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 24
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 400
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Head and Neck-Audiology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements