Sterile Processing Technician On Call Falls Church Medical Center Falls Church, VA
Cleans, sterilizes, assembles, inspects, stores, and dispenses instruments, equipment, and supplies used in surgical procedures.Operates and maintains washing and sterilization equipment.
- Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments and equipment; assembles, wraps (as applicable) and sterilizes trays of instruments, scopes and other medical equipment.
- Monitors biological and chemical solutions to ensure consistency and quality decontamination of instruments, scopes and equipment.
- Makes instruments, scopes and equipment available to end users on schedule.
- Coordinates instrument, scope and equipment needs with the Operating Room, Clinics and other end users.
- Works in conjunction with on-site Materials Management representatives to maintain par levels, submit ordering requisitions.
- Verifies sterilization, washing and decontamination equipment is functioning properly.
- Maintains sterilization records per department protocol.
- Assists with instrument tracking of repairs and maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
** 2 Positions Available **
- Two (2) years of experience as instrument processing technician in an ambulatory surgery setting required.
- High school diploma or General Education Development is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician or Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician (CSPDT) required.
- Understanding of aseptic techniques and sterilization methods required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software required.
- Knowledgeable about the AAMI standards and regulations.
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal and communication skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak and see required.
- Hospital setting experience preferred.
- Completion of central supply technology course preferred.
Primary Location: Virginia,Falls Church,Falls Church Medical Center 201 N. Washington St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: MON - FRI
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OPEIU - Local 2
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Patient Care Services (Non RN)
Public Department Name: ENDOSCOPY
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements