Advice Nurse Short Hour Fair Oaks Medical Center Fairfax, VA
Responsible for medical triage of members using established protocols, note taking via online ANS (Advice Note System) and providing specified diagnostic results to members. Responsible to collaborate with on-site physicians, on-call physicians, HCT, pharmacists, and/or Nurse Practitioner as necessary to facilitate member care.
- Receives and processes telephone calls from Health Plan members requiring medical advice or general information by: Assesses the patient's problem utilizing established protocols and interaction with provider on-site or on-call. Makes appropriate recommendations to include advice, appointments per protocol, or direction from physician. Appropriately documents calls received with adherence to inter-regional documentation. Acts as an extension of the health care team to meet member needs.
- Assists members in empathetic, efficient manner to determine best course of action to resolve issue.
- Meets regional standards set by call center management to achieve optimal member satisfaction such as phone access and service standards. Be receptive to constructive feedback by supervisors and/or QI to better serve members.
- Contributes to the development of protocols, procedures, patient education, and training, as assigned. Participates in peer review, quality assurance, and other committees' functions.
- Demonstrates ability to make quick decisions, based on sound base of critical thinking skills/guidelines by protocols.
- Demonstrate ability to interact with a variety of levels of staff to provide good customer service to internal customers.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
**Position can be housed in Silver Spring, MD
- One (1) full year of current experience as a RN in a clinical setting with relevancy required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current RN license in appropriate jurisdiction assigned to include alternative site as dictated by unit needs required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software required.
- Pass basic windows test at interview.
- Pass basic typing test required.
- Passed a standard medication test and a standard medical advice test/Performance Based Developmental Systems (PBDS) test required.
- Must have effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to type 30 WPM required.
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal and communications skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, and see.
- BSN preferred.
- Bilingual ability preferred.
Primary Location: Virginia,Fairfax,Fair Oaks Medical Center 12255 Fair Lakes Pkwy.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 15
Working Days: Th,F,Sat
Schedule: Short Hour
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 400
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: clinical contact center
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements