Clinical Lab Assistant MTN Edwards, CO
Performs a variety of duties to support the testing, delivery and distribution of lab results. Performs a variety of laboratory procedures, including phlebotomy, capillary puncture and other specimen collection processes.
- Greets, instructs and communicates to all patients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Clearly communicates patient collection instructions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specimen collection processes. Proficient with computer systems and multiple software programs as required, according to company and departmental procedures.
- Successfully completes the required laboratory orientation, training, competencies and on-going education as assigned.
- Follows established procedures for patient identification, specimen collection and labeling.
- Receives and processes specimens received from patients and other departments.
- Assesses specimen integrity and prepares, packages and arranges for transport of specimens as required. Processes specimens to include racking, creating work lists and loading instruments.
- Performs maintenance on equipment and is responsible for equipment startup and shutdown as assigned.
- Answers and assists with routine telephone inquiries in a courteous and professional manner. Provides excellent customer service skills and has positive customer interactions. Demonstrates good service recovery skills.
- Conducts him/herself in accordance with the principles of the Labor Management Partnership & the Bedrock Cultural Elements.
- Performs waived & moderate complexity lab testing according to established laboratory procedures. Enters lab results into the computer system for waived & moderate complexity testing.
- Communicates and documents results, including alert values, to clinical staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of six (6) months of concentrated phlebotomy experience within the three years may be substituted for the phlebotomy training program.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited Phlebotomy training program and successful completion of a phlebotomy externship of at least 80 hours within a four week period within the last year.
- Or completion of an accredited Phlebotomy training program and two (2) years of previous concentrated phlebotomy experience.
- Or completion of a Medical Assistant program that includes phlebotomy training anda minimum of six (6) months of concentrated phlebotomy experience within the past three (3) years.
License, Certification, Registration
- Effective Jan 1, 2012, all new hires must take either the AMT, ASCP or ASPT certification exam and successfully pass within the first year of employment.
- Routine pager, on-call duties are required.
- Has positive customer interactions and demonstrates good service recovery skills.
- Provides excellent customer service skills.
Primary Location: Colorado,Edwards,Edwards Medical Offices 56 Edwards Village Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: SEIU - Local 105
Job Level: Entry Level
Public Department Name: Pathology/Lab - Clinical Lab
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements