Sr. Communications Consultant Quality Analytics IT Strategy & Program Execution Pleasanton, CA
Named to the Computerworld Top 100 Best Places to Work, the Kaiser Permanente Information Technology (IT) organization is the team that powers the health IT leadership of Kaiser Permanente (KP). Driving national news coverage and influencing the health care agenda in Washington, D.C., the technology strategies and innovations of this 6,500 person strong, multi-billion dollar technology division are at the forefront of KP's commitment to help shape the future of health care. KP is recognized as one of America's leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans.
As one of the nation's leaders in quality health care for over 55 years, Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to enhancing health care delivery through state-of-the-art information tools and top-notch talent. The experts at Kaiser Permanente Information Technology are at the heart of that mission and you can be one of them. If you are excited about working with cutting edge technology and have the right blend of creativity and experience, consider the following opportunity within our Care Delivery Technology Services organization.
In this role, the Sr. Communications Consultant will establish communications strategies, processes, and provide oversight for the stakeholder and communications management function across this highly complex, multi program, $70M investment portfolio
- Stakeholder management including Executive Management communications.
- Build out communications processes that can be scaled and leveraged across all portfolio efforts
- Provide guidance and support for key Executive governance communications
- Work with teams to build Business Cases that effectively communicate program/project value
- Exceptional skills required in the area of messaging across highly complex, large organizations like Kaiser Permanente
- Work closely with program and project managers to create communications strategies across key programs
- Develop and implement communications plans and tactics to fulfill the strategic and operational goals and objectives of the overall communications program developed by the communications practice leader for his/her clients to deliver, promote and protect the organization's brand and reputation.
- Provide communications consulting to internal clients on internal and external communications. Consulting activity will vary from verbal communications or advice on communications issues to providing customized communications materials.
- Strategizes with client, writes creative briefs, researches and analyzes information, prepares presentations (PowerPoint presentations, speeches and talking points), plans logistics, and manages overall coordination.
- Ensure content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand in terms of tone, manner, and messaging.
- Manages and completes multiple assignments in short time frames and coordinates diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program.
- Acquire the input and resources of other communications staff in the organization to fulfill the objectives of communication plans and projects on behalf of communications practice leaders' clients.
- Coordinates the deliverables of other communicators in the organization to ensure that special projects are in compliance with negotiated timelines/financial allocations.
- Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results.
- May supervise other communications staff for the purpose of implementing specific communications projects, events, or programs within a given timeframe.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in corporate communications environment to include two (2) years of supervisory experience of entry-level communications staff required.
- Recent experience in planning and implementing complex communications plans and projects for a large complex organization, agency and health care background required, with track record of increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, english, business administration or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered functional expert in field within KP.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods.
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in working effectively with senior leaders and managers in large organizations and influencing their approach to communications.
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team setting.
- Master of Communications or MBA with focus on Program and Project Management
- Experience working in highly complex organizations
- Prior health care experience
- Exceptional detail orientation
- Ability to navigate complex implicit and explicit messaging
Primary Location: California,Pleasanton,Pleasanton Tech Cntr Building F 5810 Owens Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Public Department Name: Quality Analytics IT Strategy & Program Execution
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements