Marriage Family Therapist Intern Antioch, CA
Position is designed to provide clinical supervision to MFTIs who have prior experience working in a mental health setting. Position meets requirements for supervised training of MFTIs working toward licensure and follows the guidelines as set forth by California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Internship is based in outpatient Psychiatry and/or Chemical Dependency departments. Supervision is provided by licensed Marriage and Family Therapist(s) and/or other licensed professionals. Position is one-year, temporary with benefits. This position ONLY pertains to the Northern California Mental Health Training Programs.
- Provide psychotherapy to patients and co-facilitate family and group therapy.
- Team-specific duties performed by MFTIs under the direct supervision of licensed marriage and family Therapists.
- Adult Team: Provide individual and group counseling to adults in a brief therapy model.
- Child/Family Team: Provide counseling to children, adolescents, and families.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Provide services to patients needing more intensive treatment for stabilization, in a stepped-down treatment program for patients recently discharged from inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Chemical Dependency: Provide services to patients who are in the contemplation phase, the early stages of their recovery, and patients with longer-term sobriety.
- Provide separate and conjoint treatments for family members.
- Actively participate in clinical supervision.
- Attend workshops and seminars on a regular basis as part of the training.
- Participate in staff meetings, case conferences, and other staff functions.
- Maintain confidential patient files/records and information in a timely manner.
- Comply with regional and local policies and procedures. Comply with CA-MFT Ethical Standards and state laws pertaining to the delivery of mental health services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Successful completion of pre-master's practicum in a mental health setting.
- Demonstrated experience in providing individual, family, couples and/or group psychotherapies.
- Master's degree in clinical or counseling psychology, or related field by program start date.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be registered as Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (IMF) with the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences by program start date.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience and/or training in working with Chemical Dependency, Adult, Couples and/or Child and Adolescent populations.
- Experience and/or training in establishing psychosocial diagnoses and providing treatment using standard psychotherapeutic methods.
- Experience and/or training in group therapy.
- Acquisition of a theoretical background in cognitive, emotional, and interpersonal functioning, abnormal psychology, and in the major schools of psychotherapy.
- Competence in: Mental Status Evaluation; Mandated Reporting; Suicide/Homocide/Danger Assessment; Ethics and Confidentiality; the DSM (Psychopathology/Abnormal Psychology); Theories and Practices of Psychotherapy; and Personality and Psychological Development.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner.
Seeking candidate with training and experience in MH assessment and application of evidence-based MH interventions with a broad range of presenting problems. Bilingual encouraged to apply. Candidate should possess highly developed technical skills, teamwork skills and patient relations skills. Versatility is required to respond to whatever needs patients bring to the department.
Primary Location: California,Antioch,Antioch Delta Fair CDRP/Psychiatry 3454 Hillcrest
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Mental Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements