RN Maternal Child Health Gwinnett Duluth, GA
The Maternal Child Health Nurse (MCN) provides nursing care to ante partum and postpartum women/ infants/families that may include, but is not limited to: perinatal educational services, postpartum home visits, postpartum grief counseling, and lactation education and support services.
- Provides in home patient assessment of postpartum mother and baby, one on one teaching and education, developing a plan of care with the patient and family. Travels throughout all department designated service areas.
- Provides assistance with breast feeding, and education regarding diet and activity in the postpartum period.
- Communicates pertinent information to the providers of both, mother and baby, determines if either the mother or the baby is in need for further evaluation and schedule the member for consult.
- Assess babies at risk for sepsis, and alerts the provider as needed ensuring the next day follow up in the office as per KP policy.
- Provide Lactation consult to the members at the postpartum home visit or in the medical offices and serves as a Lactation consultant to providers in Pediatrics, OBGyn, and Internal Medicine and other Specialities when necessary.
- Maintains CEU s and certification as Breastfeeding specialist, and certification as Grief support specialist to provide post-partum grief support to members and family.
- Researches, designs develops, implements and conducts training program for OB members, providers and staff by teaching Breastfeeding classes.
- Monitors Lactation advice line and in-basket referrals - scheduling consult appointments and providing advice as needed.
- Facilitates events, prepares displays, teaching materials and articles for International Breastfeeding week.
- Dispatches postpartum home visits and evaluates routes for cost effectiveness.
- Prepared to instruct patients the use of medical equipment as necessary( SNS,Nipple shields, Breast pumps).
- Participates in and assists in maintaining various HEDIS measures and department monthly statistics.
- Participates in Unit Based Team projects.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in OB/GYN, Labor and Delivery, Perinatal or Mother/Baby.
- Associate's degree in nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia or able to obtain prior to date of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association must be obtained prior to hire date.
- Complete a customer Service Assessment.
- 90% travel throughout the Region.
- RTS Certification preferred- required within one (1) year of employment.
- Lactation certification preferred, required within one (1) year of employment.
- Bachelor's degree (BSN) preferred.
Primary Location: Georgia,Duluth,Gwinnett Medical Offices I 3650 Steve Reynolds Blv
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 32
Working Days: Sunday- Saturday
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 1996
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Mbr Educ-Matern/Child Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements