Tech II Medical Gwinnett Fri Sun PT(24hrs) Duluth, GA
Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures under the technical guidance of the Laboratory Supervisor/Manager or Assistant Laboratory Supervisor. Responsible for workload recording and inventory control Participates in research and development of new procedures. Exercises independent judgment in work performance and interpersonal relations. Directs work to adjust to workflow.
- Analytic: Performs requested laboratory tests and special analysis, such as proficiency testing, correlation studies or other, according to established laboratory and Medical Office policies and procedures. Prioritizes laboratory testing and other duties appropriately to assure optimal efficiency and timely reporting of laboratory results according to policy standards. Utilizes quality control procedures according to established procedures and takes appropriate action for 'Out of Control' results. Documents QC appropriately. Recognizes trends, bias, shifts or other unexpected patterns and takes appropriate action. Reviews records for compliance. Directs or performs calibration or calibration verification as needed. Oversees or operates and maintains equipment. Performs routine safety checks and preventive maintenance on instruments according to procedures and manufacturer's recommendations on a consistent, timely basis to insure optimal operation and minimal downtime. Recognizes when any component of the testing system is not performing optimally and performs troubleshooting procedures as warranted on equipment, reagents and procedures in an efficient manner that maintains testing schedules. Refers problems beyond his/her scope of practice to Supervisor/Manager, Assistant Supervisor.
- Pre-analytic: Receives electronic and manual orders for tests to be performed. Receives and/or obtains specimens, assisting with collections when the workload warrants. Assumes responsibility for assuring collection of adequate and acceptable samples for analysis. Monitors workflow and makes adjustments as needed.
- Post-analytic: Responsible of timely release of patient results. Communicates with reference lab to confirm results, specimen disposition and to order supplies. Exercises independent judgment in determining whether test results are released, repeated or referred for review. Consults with Supervisor/Manager, Assistant Supervisor when necessary.
- Administrative: Responsible for workload recording, records review and storage, and inventory control. Responsible for monitoring and resolving pending lists per policy. Responds appropriately to provider and clinical staff inquiries. Supports clinical point of care testing by facilitating issue resolution. Participates in department/facility meetings, conference calls, continuing education/in-services. Participates in orientation and training of new employees. Makes recommendations for improvements to the Supervisor/Manager or Assistant Supervisor. Assumes responsibility for day to day operations of laboratory, including directing and supporting the front desk, collections and accessioning areas. Provides a laboratory leadership interface with clinical staff. Prepares for/participates in state/internal inspections, answering questions or providing documents. Responsible for compliance with information communicated in weekly laboratory newsletters.
- Two (2) years of post registration MT experience.
- Bachelor's degree and/or MT Registration or equivalent documentation from the state of Georgia.
License, Certification, Registration
- MT registration from ASCP (MLS, GDHRC,) or AMT (MTA), or NCA (MTN) or documentation that the state of Georgia considers them qualified to work as a MT in the state of Georgia.
- American Heart Association BLS Certification.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to demonstrate customer service aptitude through customer service assessment and/or history.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills i.e. history of positive working relationships.
- Able to demonstrate dependability i.e. history of punctuality and good attendance.
- Leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology or related health science.
Primary Location: Georgia,Duluth,Gwinnett Medical Offices II 3650 Steve Reynolds Bl
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 24
Working Days: Fri-Sat
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 1996
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: Pathology-General
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements