Pharmacy Project Manager II (MT 2028) Downey, CA
Manages the implementation of multiple major system and non-system projects which affect members, CSAs. Regional Offices and TPMG employees in Northern California and other regions. Forms and leads a multidisciplianary team including staff, other KP personnel, outside suppliers, and contract consultants to define requirements, leading to specifications with ultimate delivery of solutions on-time and on-budget. Manages one or more business lines which support TPMG and CSAs operations, service and revenue.
- Responsible for the concurrent management and success of multiple system and non-system projects that have regional and/or inter-regional impact to members, TPMG, KFH/Hp providers and employees.
- Responsible for the overall project budget, resources, scope and all other tasks.
- Projects would likely include the implementation of new computerized systems, designing and implementing modules to increase membership and/or reduce costs, implementing new policy decisions which affect members and providers.
- Analyzes project design, approves expenditures, analyzes variances and initiates correction actions when appropriate.
- Manages the development, implementation and re-engineering of programs (system/non-system) designed to improve member service, patient care, and healthcare outcomes.
- Provides clinical expertise to ensure that the proposed changes will be consistent with State and Federal law with respect to the practice of Pharmacy.
- Manages and adjusts to constant change, makes timely decisions and responsive interventions to ensure project success.
- Collaborates with CSA pharmacy managers, other health care providers, other departments within Pharmacy Operations, to develop new strategies to effectively share information with all stakeholders.
- Seeks new and challenging opportunities to improve, whether it be patient care, member service, health outcomes, fiscal constraint and/or increased revenue.
- Collaborates with outside vendors, suppliers, and regulatory agencies to effect change in their policies, prices and functions to the benefit of KP.
- Assists departmental manager in developing long range plans to attain desired goals.
- Collaborates with CSA Pharmacy Managers and others within Pharmacy Operations to provide services which support their operational and financial objectives.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in an out-patient or in-patient pharmacy.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience leading multidisciplinary teams; leading concurrent multiple complex projects.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with mainframe and clinical applications including pharmacy systems.
- Minimum five (5) years of management/administrative experience in the health care arena.
- Degree in pharmacy.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Pharmacist in California.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- KP experience helpful.
- PR# MT-2028.
Primary Location: California,Downey,Downey Boeing - Independence Park 12254 Bellflower
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: NPPS-Rx OP Svcs.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements