CRE Construction Manager Downey CA Downey, CA
Manages all phases of construction projects within service areas on projects up to $5 million. Responsible for successful administration, representation and delivery of all such projects provided to KP California facilities in partnership with Service Area cross functional team.
- Using standard guidelines, determines in conjunction with Team Managers or their designees whether to employ in-house construction or an external General Contractor. Determines appropriate staffing of inhouse projects including subcontracting as appropriate. Using standard guidelines, manages construction staffing resources (including trade labor and sub-contractors).
- Responsible for all construction aspects of project delivery within approved schedule and estimates. Responsible for construction project file documentation either directly when in-house or via oversight of General Contractor for external projects. Manages subcontracts, material requisitions or change orders.Provides facility content expertise on projects as requested. When requested, ensures policies and procedures are met and manages Superintendent who performs project management tasks.
- Provides input to Construction Engineer and/or Project Managers to support accurate and timely budgets, cost estimates and pre-construction services. Manages safety programs to ensure compliance with all regulatory and organizations standards when in role as in-house General Contractor.
- As requested for projects over $5M, provides content expertise to external General Contractors or on backfill activities.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in general construction industry and construction management.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in managing construction activities for health care facilities or similar technical environment.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Management experience managing a geographically diverse team.
- Ability to travel 15% of the time.
- Significant knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and building codes.
- Knowledge of principals of architecture, engineering and construction.
- Proficiency with construction scheduling software.
- Working knowledge of construction cost accounting principals.
- Familiarity with OSHPD and JCAHO requirements.
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or related field preferred, OR associate's degree and two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
- State of California General Contractors License preferred.
Primary Location: California,Downey,Downey Administration Offices 12200 Bellflower Blv
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Public Department Name: NFS Service Delivery Operations, Downey, CA
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements