Addition Medicine Counselor III Downey, CA
Provides Chemical Dependency services and psychotherapy to adults, adolescents, significant others of CD patients, and families under indirect supervision.
- Answers and triages patient calls for information, Tx services, general CD advice. Responds to and appropriately handles crisis calls.
- Provides higher level assessment (e.g. other, non-CD, MH diagnoses; danger to self or others; non-CD crisis evaluations; emotional/family dysfunction).
- Performs intake and psychosocial assessments.
- Develops and presents treatment plans to CDRP/S treatment team for recommendations, revisions and approval.
- Participates in clinical case conferences.
- Conducts chemical dependency focused educational lectures.
- Provides general chemical dependency counseling to include individual and group counseling services.
- Provides Adolescent, Significant Other, Family and Multi-Family therapy as assigned.
- Provides case management services to include resource and referral coordination.
- May perform mentor functions/clinical direction to CDRP/S Counselors I and II, student interns, licensure candidates and Alcohol or Drug Certificate candidates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years post graduate relevant supervised clinical experience in the field of chemical dependency treatment.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other field related to behavioral health.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current and valid LCSW license issued by the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- May consider LMFT, with a Master's Degree in a Behavioral Health field, job code 65337, for this position.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Experience in day treatment, outpatient, and groups/lectures preferred.
Primary Location: California,Downey,Orchard Medical Offices Building A 9449 Imperial H
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: NUHW
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Addiction Medicine
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements