Pharmacy Technician II On Call Capitol Hill Medical Center Washington DC, DC
Greets members at front desk, enters information about prescriptions into computer system, receives payment from members, and prepares medications for approval by pharmacist. May perform the duties of a Pharmacy Inventory Technician or a Pharmacy Admixture Technician.
- Greets members at counter or over the telephone, verifies member's eligibility status, and receives prescriptions from members for pharmaceuticals.
- Enters prescription information into computer system and prints labels for use by pharmacist.
- Receives payment according to terms of members' plan.
- Selects requested drugs from Baker cell dispenser or counts drugs from pharmacy shelf.
- Reconstitutes medications by mixing with fluids.
- Prepares intravenous prescriptions, topical ointments, and other drugs by mixing prescribed dosages.
- Attaches labels to container for review by pharmacist.
- Calls members to pick-up completed prescription.
- Receives payment for over-the-counter medications and medical supplies selected by members.
- Answers routine inquiries from members regarding health plan drug coverage, prices, and related issues.
- Identifies situations when patient should speak with pharmacist regarding use of drugs and asks pharmacist to speak to member.
- Orders and stocks drugs and supplies, assembles drugs and supplies for clinical departments, stocks crash carts, and performs other inventory duties.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
*** 2 positions available***
1. Available to work in multiple centers in DCSM
2. Must be licensed in DC
3. Shifts: Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Weekend, Holiday, and Overnight
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Compliance with all state board of pharmacy rules and licensing requirements where applicable required.
- Active CPHT certification required. (Pharmacy students are exempted from the CPHT requirement where applicable).
- Registered as a pharmacy technician with the DC Board of Pharmacy required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, generic drug names, pharmaceutical calculations, and ability to assume responsibility for coordinating drug inventory control in medical clinics.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program or US Military program OR one year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- Licensed in multiple jurisdictions (MD and DC) Preferred.
Primary Location: District of Columbia,Washington DC,Capitol Hill Medical Center 700 2nd St. NE
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OPEIU - Local 2
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: Outpatient Pharmacy
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements