Patient Care Coordinator RN UM Part Time Washington Hospital Center Washington DC, DC
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for utilization review, discharge planning and transitions in care, in collaboration with MAPMG rounder in acute or alternative settings of care.
- Utilization Review. According to department policy, procedure and protocols, consistently apply and verbally communicate approved utilization review criteria and guidelines for services delivered in acute or alternative care settings.
- Eligibility and Benefit Verification. Confirm eligibility status and ensure the appropriate administration of benefits in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assessing Right Venue of Care with Hospitalist. Collaboration with Hospitalist to assess the appropriate level of care for patients (i.e., Medical Unit, Surgical Unit, Tele Unit, TCU, ICU) and post- (Home, Continuum or Community-based Services) hospitalization.
- Coordination of Care. Driving patient care plan through assuring daily plan is executed, and management of transitions and post-hospital care.
- Effective Discharge Planning. Prompt, clinically appropriate discharge planning beginning at time of admission.
- Variance Management. Timely steps in identification of delays in throughput, escalation to correct delays, and recording delays to identify patterns and trends that will require corrective actions.
- Quality Screening. Demonstrate competency to assess all aspects of care across the continuum for variations from quality and utilization standards.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Two (2) years of experience in acute hospital utilization review or equivalent required.
License, Certification, Registration
- RN License in jurisdiction where assigned required.
- BLS certification required.
- New Hire: Successful completion of PCC Orientation and Assessment of Critical Skills. Passing score on inter-rater reliability
- Annually: Successful completion of PCC Assessment of Critical Skills. Passing score on inter-rater reliability.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to conform to established policies and procedures.
- Ability to analytically problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to tolerate and cope with ambiguity
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly present information through the written word, to influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances, and to listen well.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, legibly, and effectively, to present ideas and document activities, to read and interpret written information.
- Recent acute care, case management, or home health experience preferred.
- B.S.N. preferred.
Evening shift at MWHC, 8 hours a day, 4 days a week, weekend rotation, could be every other weekend, 3 pm to 11 p
New hires are eligible for a sign on bonus up to $5,000 dollars.
Primary Location: District of Columbia,Washington DC,Washington Hospital Center 110 Irving St. NW
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 32
Working Days: Monday through Sunday
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 400
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Utilization Management
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements