Laboratory Supervisor Capitol Hill Medical Center Washington DC, DC
To supervise the operations of facility laboratories and act as technical consultant for point of care laboratories and phlebotomy stations. To be responsible for the day to day operations of the facility laboratories with staff performing waived and non-waived laboratory testing and in partnership with the Laboratory Director, for ensuring the delivery of high quality, effective information to all providers and Health Plan staff in the Mid-Atlantic States Region.
- Supervises and maintains the operations of the indicated laboratories.
- Provides technical direction to staff in the performance of all approved laboratory procedures, resolves technical problems, ensures that remedial actions are taken, and performs technical duties when necessary.
- Ensures that the laboratories provide accurate, timely and appropriate information to providers.
- Manages laboratory personnel to include hiring, training, scheduling, payroll preparation, evaluation and competency testing, counseling, disciplining, and terminating in conformance with union contracts, personnel policies, EEO and Affirmative Action.
- Works in an effective partnership with the Laboratory Director and the Laboratory Operations Manager to ensure compliance with quality assurance, accreditation requirements and regulatory standards. Ensures that laboratories maintain compliance with all proficiency testing requirements.
- Manages QC/QA activities in accordance with the Regional Laboratory QA/QC plan. Routinely submits QA monitor reports within required time frames with plans for effective positive action when monitors are exceeded.
- Provides input and maintains laboratory payroll and non-payroll budgets within set parameters.
- Interacts with facility staff and physicians regarding patient care and service issues and facility administrative activities.
- Manages information flow to staff regarding policy and procedure changes.
- Participates in internal and external educational programs to develop management skills.
- Minimum six (6) years of full time comprehensive laboratory experience in non-waived testing (high complexity) required.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology or related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- MT (ASCP) or CT (ASCP) or equivalent certification required.
Primary Location: District of Columbia,Washington DC,Capitol Hill Medical Center 700 2nd St. NE
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri, some weekends and holidays
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Public Department Name: Laboratory
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements