PTCB Pharmacy Tech Englewood, CO
Under direct supervision of the Pharmacy Supervisor or Pharmacist, performs a variety of technical procedures to assist in providing pharmacy services, including verification of prescription refill requests, typing prescription labels, counting and pouring medications, maintaining prescription inventories, balancing and depositing daily revenue, and coordinating the activities of Pharmacy Clerks. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
- Works closely with pharmacists, team members and other pharmacies to fill prescription orders. Additional duties include but are not limited to; cash handling, robotics, cleaning, inventory support, filing, phone duty. Works with other health care professionals. Works with software applications for inventory management. Performs the responsibilities of a Pharmacy Clerk, as required. Deals with sensitive patient care issues including safety and quality.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Experience with pharmacy operation systems.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Completion of a pharmacy technician-training program of at least five (5) months which included a community practice rotation OR one (1) year pharmacy technician work experience, OR one (1) year Kaiser Colorado Pharmacy Clerk experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- PTCB certification required for all external applicants OR must be an Internal KPCO non-certified tech. Non-certified techs can bid on this job for mobility to other facilities and will continue to be titled and coded as Non-Certified Pharmacy Tech.
- PTCB certification is required for all internal applicants outside the pharmacy department.
- Prolonged standing and the ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Must authorize a DEA screening.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- Ability to perform basic calculations required to determine compounding procedures for medications.
- Effective oral communication skills with patients, providers, and co-workers.
- Basic math skills, computing skills, and knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology.
- Experience with personal computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point preferred.
Primary Location: Colorado,Englewood,Englewood Medical Offices 2955 S. Broadway
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: SEIU - Local 105
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: Englewood Pharmacy
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements