Orthopedic Services Patient Assistant On Call Denver, CO
THIS REQUISITION REPRESENTS TWO (2) POSITIONS
Schedules orthopedic related appointments & procedures for the region. Instructs & explains preparations, nature of examinations, reporting procedures, & other pertinent issues to the patient as w/in scope outlined & defined by department policy. Consults w/ providers & designated health plan staff on appropriateness of outside referrals & processes. Provides scheduling decisions, which improve & maximize overall system efficiencies & increase appropriate utilization. Serves as a resource to internal & external customers in both outpatient & inpatient arenas. Makes members/patients & their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops & sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, & needs. Builds rapport & cooperative relationship w/ members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs & resolves problems.
- Schedules routine orthopedic appointments for the orthopedic department.
- Make future clinical appointments for patients as needed when they are present in the office as well as inbound & outbound telephone processes.
- Coordinates the availability of multiple providers & locations as necessary.
- Confirms the correct procedure or appointment to be scheduled as necessary by chart or referral review.
- Reviews the patient care history as necessary.
- Confers w/ the Provider or immediate supervisor as needed.
- Proactively schedules each area to ensure all available time is used appropriately by scheduling sequentially when possible, & by utilizing the wait list & cancellation list.
- Makes sure supervisor is aware of all physician schedule changes in clinic.
- Reconciles provider schedules when errors take place.
- In charge of contact patients for rescheduling per department guide lines.
- Determines what is urgent & emergent w/ the help of the provider, supervisor, or appropriate nursing staff.
- Incorporates urgent & emergent cases into the schedule & notifies appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Instructs patients on the appropriate preparation for appointments & procedures as appropriate & w/in scope.
- Facilitates referrals for orthopedic related procedures & appointments by consulting w/ provider or nursing staff.
- Consults w/ designated provider to provide urgent or emergent appointments for patients.
- Serves as a resource on appropriate procedures & other information.
- Direct patient disability & FMLA paperwork to appropriate personnel to ensure timely completion.
- Maintains & enhances knowledge base necessary to identify & make scheduling decisions.
- Remains informed on new technologies & their implications for patients & the Orthopedic Department.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of the KP HealthConnect system & current telephone techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned; these will include but are not limited to, the answering of incoming telephone calls w/ appropriate disposition & face to face interactions w/ members when presenting for care.
- Previous experience using a computer terminal required.
- High School graduation or equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to work effectively with providers, patients, support staff and other personnel to coordinate orthopedic schedules, which requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Completion of courses in basic medical terminology and anatomy, or demonstrated knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Effective verbal, written, interpersonal and problem solving skills essential.
- Strong knowledge of all front office activities.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- One (1) year of college level courses preferred.
- On-line appointment scheduling or completion of training course highly preferred.
May need to travel to Rock Creek, Lone Tree and Franklin as needed.
Primary Location: Colorado,Denver,Franklin Medical Offices 2045 Franklin St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: SEIU - Local 105
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Patient Care Services (Non RN)
Public Department Name: Orthopedics
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements