Occupational Therapist Denver, CO
Under indirect supervision, provides occupational therapy services to patient's in accordance with the physician's referral; evaluates extent of disability; plans and administers occupational therapy treatment through use of various therapeutic procedures and exercise techniques; administers group therapy programs for rehabilitation of patients; evaluates patient's ability to function outside of treatment setting. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
- Receives medical referral on patients needing physical rehabilitation, consults with physicians and other treatment staff to determine most appropriate plan for individual patients to determine physical and/or functional capacity/limitations.
- Evaluates extent of patient's disability to insure proper treatment, using a variety of tests and procedures including manual muscle tests, goniometry, functional testing, fine motor testing and perceptual testing.
- Plan therapy programs and administers treatment to restore motion, strength and function, relieve pain and prevent disability. Uses various therapeutic techniques and procedures such as exercise, heat and cold modalities, facilitation techniques, and sensory reeducation techniques and muscle reeducation. Fabricates splinting to address functional deficits.
- Observes patient's behavior and response during therapy activities to assess tolerance for and effect of treatment, evaluates effectiveness of treatment, modifies treatment as indicated to meet patient's needs, and consults with physician regarding patient's progress.
- Provides patient and family members with instructions for home exercise programs, discusses therapy progress with patient as part of overall treatment program.
- Maintains appropriate medical records for each patient including evaluation, treatment, and progress and discharge status.
- Consults with medical providers regarding patient evaluation and treatment, progress of the patient, and their discharge from treatment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of programs for the department such as peer review and patient care audits. Participates in development of services, operations and procedures, provides in-service education in the field of occupational therapy to members of the health care team.
- Maintains departmental supplies, equipment and apparatus in a clean, safe and functional condition.
- Performs the responsibilities of other departmental personnel, including clerical and reception duties, to maintain efficient departmental operations, as required.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy.
License, Certification, Registration
- Currently licensed as an Occupational Therapist.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
Pediatrics experience strongly preferred. And prefer a minimum of two years pediatric specific experience
May be required to cover at Hidden Lake as needed
Primary Location: Colorado,Denver,Skyline Medical Offices 1375 E. 20th Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 16
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Schedule: Short Hour
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 7
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Physical and Occupational Therapy
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements