Principal SQA Engineer Technical Testing Greenwood Village, CO
- Drives the execution of multiple work streams by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and updating new procedures and policies; gaining cross-functional support for objectives and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; solving highly complex issues; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership; influencing, mentoring, and coaching team members; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the strengths and weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Provides overall direction and takes accountability for the delivery of quality assurance (QA) test strategies for IT initiatives across enterprise QA domains by reviewing and providing second-level sign off on testing scope and approach for large-scale or high impact initiatives.
- Reviews and signs off on testing scope and approach, and partners with cross-functional IT and business stakeholders to review and approve the overall testing approach.
- Develops a network of partnerships with cross-functional enterprise IT and business leaders to support the review and approval of testing approaches.
- Conducts final review and approval of functional specifications to ensure business and architectural requirements are testable.
- Oversees the review and validation of testable business processes, test data, and test environment requirements.
- Develops guidelines and best practices to ensure test plans and timelines are aligned with project/program milestones.
- Oversees and addresses critical issues, dependencies, and risks related to testing.
- Collaborates with cross-functional IT teams to gain buy-in and approval of test plans, and tracks quality metrics across testing phases (e.g., SIT, Performance, UAT, Automation, Production, Validation).
- Ensures quality metrics are tracked across testing phases (e.g., SIT, Performance, UAT, Automation, Production, Validation).
- Oversees and ensures the development of test scenarios and execution of test cases meet established standards across all testing phases (e.g., SIT, Performance, UAT, Automation, Production, Validation).
- Manages and oversees the adherence of entry and exit criteria according to Kaiser testing standards.
- Publishes and reviews scheduled reports (e.g., test execution, defects, ad-hoc reports) with IT and business leadership.
- Oversees quality assurance projects and initiatives by reviewing staffing needs and overall work plans.
- Provides second-level authorization for exceptions and waivers, and meets with leadership to address contingency plans, as appropriate.
- Reviews and integrates business processes to achieve business results and appropriate solutions for customers.
- Minimum six (6) years experience working with automation testing frameworks, including Minimum three (3) years in framework creation and maintenance.
- Minimum six (6) years experience in software or systems programming and/or scripting.
- Minimum four (4) years SQA experience working across multiple IT domains and business units in a corporate setting.
- Minimum four (4) years in a leadership role working with technical teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and Minimum ten (10) years experience in SQA, software testing, or related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Four (4) years experience in a leadership role of a large matrixed organization.
- Four (4) years experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of software development life cycle(s) (SDLC).
- Five (5) years experience testing and defining the requirements testing business system applications.
Primary Location: Colorado,Greenwood Village,Greenwood Plaza IT 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Information Technology
Public Department Name: IMG ES KPHC Availability Management
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements