Oncology Scheduler Denver, CO
Coordinates schedules and schedules appointments for procedure, exam, and infusion rooms. Makes scheduling decisions, which improve and maximize overall system efficiencies and increase appropriate utilization. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
- Schedules Oncology appointments and procedures for the entire region.
- Coordinates scheduling of multiple and complex appointments within the department.
- Strong knowledge of every procedure and appointment type in the Oncology Department. Interviews the patient/provider regarding chemotherapy treatments and procedures to ensure scheduling of appointments is within correct time frame as needed. Instructs patients on the appropriate preparation for procedures as to what to do and what to avoid.
- Serves as a resource for scheduling procedures and other oncology appointments. Maintains and enhances knowledge base necessary to identify and make scheduling decisions.
- Must be able to initiate telephone encounters and recognize emergent patient conditions.
- Manages all front office activities, including typing, faxing, sending certified letter, and answering all incoming phone calls.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Position requires sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Two (2) years of experience scheduling physicians/surgeons, preferably in Oncology.
- Previous experience using a computer terminal required.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Completion of courses in basic medical terminology and basic anatomy, or demonstrated knowledge.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Effective verbal, written, interpersonal and problem solving skills essential.
- Strong knowledge of all front office activities.
- Ability to work effectively with providers, patients, support staff and other personnel to coordinate Oncology schedules, which requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- One (1) year of college level courses preferred.
- On-line appointment scheduling or completion of training course highly preferred.
May cover Rock Creek and Lone Tree.
Primary Location: Colorado,Denver,Franklin Medical Offices 2045 Franklin St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: SEIU - Local 105
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Public Department Name: Oncology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements