Health Educator I Grade 586 Davis, CA
Assesses, designs, implements, presents, and evaluates health education programs and services.
- Conducts needs assessments, establishes priorities, designs, implements, and evaluates basic health education programs, protocols, and standards.
- Coordinates a wide range of health education services, including establishing effective referral and publicity systems, monitoring quality and documentation, providing scheduling and logistical support, and facilitating use of community services to promote the delivery of cost-effective health education services.
- Provides direct group or one-to-one health education services to members and the public.
- Reviews, develops, and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate, written and audio-visual health education materials.
- Consults w/ physicians and staff regarding related health education services.
- Coordinates health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter, informational displays, community health events, etc.
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g. HIV, nutrition, chronic disease, health promotion) as required.
- Monitors performance of health education instructors and counselors.
- Prepares reports, grants, proposals, and documentation, as assigned.
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Previous experience, usually one (1) year, in providing and coordinating health education services.
- Previous experience in uncomplicated curriculum and materials development.
- BA/BS in health education or in another health related field.
- For specialization - content expertise or certification required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning, group process theory and application.
- Knowledge of PC applications required.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Required Licensure and Certification:Certification from International Board Certified Lactation Examiners approved Certified Lactation Educators program and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant or Board Eligible required, and CPR certifications.
Other Duties (in addition to standard job description):
Conduct individual or family lactation counseling visits in outpatient Pediatric clinic
Actively promotes breast-feeding and assists mothers in reaching their own goals for breast-feeding.
Plans, assesses and documents the needs of the mother and her newborn identifying high risk factors and problems, which may require consultation and follow-up.
Follows up on mothers and newborns with special needs, as needed.
Supports programs already in place (i.e. Baby and Me Network, KP Breast-feeding resources, etc.)
Maintains knowledge of Kaiser Permanente and community resources and encourages utilization of and referral to resources as needed.
Must be willing to work in all North Valley Locations and substitute for other lactation consultants as necessary.
Primary Location: California,Davis,Davis Medical Offices 1955 Cowell Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 12
Working Days: Mon, Wed, Fri
Schedule: Short Hour
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Education / Training
Public Department Name: Pediatrics-Team E
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements