Registered Nurse Denver, CO
Practices professional nursing by the performance of both independent nursing functions and delegated medical functions in accordance with accepted practice standards. Such functions include the initiation and performance of nursing care through health promotion, supportive or restorative care, disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human disease, ailment, pain, injury, deformity, and physical or mental condition using specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill involving the application of biological, physical, social, and behavioral science principles. CRS 12-38-103 (10). Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
- Adopted from Colorado State Nurse Practice Act CRS 12-38-103) Evaluating health status through the collection and assessment of health data CRS 12-38-103 (10). Collects subjective and objective data.
- Analyzes reports and records data.
- Uses data to identify health care problems and create plan.
- Prioritizes patient's needs.
- Triages patients either in person or via telephone and implements proper course of action in accordance with established protocol/guideline or in consultation with provider. Conducts telephone calls backs to patients requiring follow-up care.
- Evaluates emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides health teaching and health counseling to patients and/or their families.
- Executes delegated medical functions which delivers aspects of care that implement and are consistent with the medical plan as prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or person acting under the physician's delegated authority. Administers intravenous therapy and other medications.
- Provides therapy and treatment that is supportive and restorative to life and wellbeing either directly to the patient or indirectly through consultation with, delegation to (per Colorado State Board of Nursing rules and regulations for delegation), supervision of, or teaching others. Referring to medical or community agencies per Kaiser Permanente guidelines those patients who need further treatment, evaluation, or assistance. Review and monitor therapy and treatment patient plans. Initiate appropriate consultations and/or actions accordingly.
- Facilitates the coordination and integration of care between health care services; manages populations of patients to ensure appropriate utilization of health care resources. Leads health care team by influence and role modeling integrated effective nursing practice, service, innovation and providing outstanding support for physician practices.
- Patient advocate.
- Graduate of board approved RN program and completed a minimum of 750 clock hours of faculty planned clinical experience and guided learning activities which required direct supervision by faculty, associate nursing instructional personnel (ANIP) or preceptor who is physically present or immediately accessible.
License, Certification, Registration
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
Position will be based at East Denver, but will need to cover other allergy locations at times.
Primary Location: Colorado,Denver,East Denver Medical Offices 10400 E. Alameda Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 7
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Allergy
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements