RN First Assistant Manager Denver, CO
Manages a group of Surgical First Assistants that will provide quality support for KP surgeons. Accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with Kaiser Permanente's Principles of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. Responds appropriately to observed fraud or abuse.
- Provides leadership in the development of a team of Surgical First Assists that will perform the appropriate technical functions that will help KP surgeons carry out a safe operation with optimal results for the patient. Maintains current information and knowledge of all applicable Kaiser policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and accreditation standards. Ensures that the training activities incorporate all applicable KP policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and accreditation standards. Manages and responsible for budget processes. Creates and responsible for the scheduling of Surgical First Assists.
- Manages assigned staff including interviewing, selecting, training, motivating, evaluating, counseling, disciplining and terminating in compliance with EEO/AA goals and personnel policies of the organization.
- Minimum two (2) years as an RN First Assist.
- Minimum three (3) years nursing leadership experience required.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- BLS, ACLS required within 6 months.
- Current Colorado RN license required.
- Credentialed by the Competency and Credentialing Institute as an RNFA.
- Must have a broad understanding of the credentialing process.
- May have constant interruptions.
- An RNFA practices perioperative nursing and must have acquired the necessary specific knowledge, skills and judgment. The RNFA practices under the supervision of the surgeon during the intraoperative phase of the perioperative experience.
- In order to perform those functions which are considered to be first assistant to the surgeon, the RN must adhere to standardized procedures.
- Has met minimum qualifications to practice as CRNFA to include: Successful completion of an RNFA program that meets the AORN standards for RN first assistant education programs, compliance with all statues, regulations, and institutional policies relevant to RNFA's, and baccalaureate degree (RNFAs practicing prior to Jan1, 2020 may practice at existing level of education).
- Certification in CNOR and CRNFA.
Primary Location: Colorado,Denver,Franklin Medical Offices 2045 Franklin St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Public Department Name: Day Surgery - Non - MD Prov
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements