Integrated Behavioral Health Provider (LCSW PsyD) Aurora, CO
Provides brief, short term, solution-focused assessment and interventions geared toward functional restoration rather than symptom elimination. As part of a multi-disciplinary medical team, provide consultation to primary care providers and develop a clear treatment plan for the primary care team to manage. Consult with psychiatrist for medication questions and coordinate recommendations with the primary care physician. If needed, assist in engaging member in treatment in the behavioral health department.
- Provide brief assessment and interventions with older adults, adults and children with behavioral health needs in primary care, using methods supported by evidence, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, and behavioral activation.
- Provide patient and family education effectively and sensitively to encourage compliance with medical and behavioral regimes.
- Effectively utilize a brief consultation model to communicate with the primary care physician. Provide consultation and training to other members of the primary care team in the area of mental health, chemical dependency, and behavioral medicine.
- Possess skill and expertise to discuss common psychotropic medications with a patient, including indications, effects and side effects and demonstrate the ability to appropriately recommend initiating medication to primary care physician.
- Possess knowledge about adult and pediatric screening instruments for and consult with primary care team on a depression management program in primary care.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify substance abuse problems of patients presenting with medical complaints.
- Performs clinical, compliance, and administrative duties related to Medicare billing.
- Two (2) years of post master's practice experience under appropriate supervision in brief assessment and intervention with children and adults in a primary care outpatient setting.
- One (1) year of post-doctoral practice experience under appropriate supervision in brief assessment and intervention with children and adults and or providing integrated behavioral health in a primary care outpatient setting with children and adults.
- Master's degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Colorado licensure as a LCSW or licensed as a Psychologist in the State of Colorado.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Strong preference for above work experience to be recent, within the last five (5) years.
- Brief assessment and or intervention or integrated care with patients 65 yo and older.
Primary Location: Colorado,Aurora,Smoky Hill Medical Offices 16290 E. Quincy Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 7
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Behavioral Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements