Staffing Specialist Aurora, CO
THIS REQUISITION REPRESENTS THREE (3) POSITIONS
Provides staffing coordination along with technical and administrative support to the float pool manager, supervisors, regional managers and staff. This includes staffing, scheduling, maintaining databases, monitoring staff time and attendance, and assisting with research, data compilation, hiring trend analysis, FTE budget to actual tracking and resolution of a variety of human resource issues. Maintains and supports a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures and performs in accordance with the Principles of Responsibilities and applicable regulatory requirements, external laws and accreditation standards. Appropriately reports observed fraud or abuse.
- Provides and maintains appropriate staffing levels based on available Nursing FP staff roles in the KP Colorado Region based on the information provided from the staff and management, with multiple sources of input, including but not limited to vacations, time off requests, partnership activities and meetings. Includes taking daily sick calls and short notice replacement staffing for sick calls. Prepares, posts and adjusts schedules to ensure that all positions are filled in a cost effective manner while following all applicable labor contracts and HR policies. Interacts with staff, leads, supervisors and managers to negotiate schedules and changes in schedules for the entire Colorado region. Collaborates daily with staff and supervisors to meet regional staffing needs. Interacts with internal and external customers to meet the staffing needs of the region.
- Assists management in maintaining staffing patterns with budgetary constraints. Identifies trends by tracking and analyzing data. Refers problems to the appropriate decision-maker and/or make recommendations for needed overage or problem resolution. Coordinates vacation approval/denial and annual vacation requests following all applicable labor contracts and HR policies. Manages time cards and attendance for all float pool employees. Coordinates enhancements to the scheduling tool working with the vendor to develop proposals for changes to better manage the system in an effective and efficient manner. One link reporting and monitoring. Maintains databases used to enter daily work projections/outcomes.
- On-boarding of all FP staff. Is an integral part of the regional flu clinic planning and implementation and primary for staffing all Walk In Flu Clinic shifts. Ensures all staff are compliant with required testing and competencies.
- Demonstrates service behaviors and principles defined by the KP Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members and to purchases, contracted providers and vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum four (4) years of administrative and technical experience involving public contact and problem resolution OR two (2) years of related college courses plus two (2) years equivalent experience
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a lead, project coordinator, office supervisor, or administrative assistant or other closely related job that involves coordinating the work of others.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrates ability to resolve scheduling for multiple departments, locations, and employees.
- Demonstrates ability to multitask with attention to detail and be held accountable for critical staffing coverage decisions.
- Proficiency using various PC software packages including spreadsheet, word processing and database applications.
- Demonstrates proficiency in most of the following areas: word processing, basic spreadsheet calculations, report generation, creation/maintenance of databases, and composition of broad scope correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effective, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be flexible, embrace frequent changing priorities and workflows in a positive and gracious manner.
- Typing test required with a minimum of 30 words per minute with a 5% or less error rate. Must be at least 70%proficient at the intermediate level in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Previous experience with scheduling, preferably with an automated scheduling system.
Primary Location: Colorado,Aurora,Waterpark III 2550 S. Parker Rd. S400
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Public Department Name: Floot Pool
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements